Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not had the best of luck with after-market magazines for my wife's mini-14...

Anybody have any suggestions on which mfg might be "th' better choice?"

I have found that some seem to be OK, but certainly not all.

Does Ruger still make anything with a higher capacity than the cataloged std five-rounder?

Thanx...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree. I use the after market for practice. But keep several ruger factory load for defense. I have only been able find the 20 round ruger mags. Does Cheaper than Dirt sell 30 round Ruger mags?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have 3 Pro-Mag 20 rounders and 2 John Masen 10-round mags. All work fine but I did have to slightly bend one of the feed lips on a ProMag. Probably got bent somewhere in packaging or shipping but they all feed fine.

My John Masen mags don't allow the bolt to stay open after the last round, but you can swap Ruger followers into them.

·
Banned
282 Posts
I've had great luck with RamLine and Thermold magazines. They are polymer, and claim to be indestructable. So far, they are. The selling point with the polymer is they won't dent if dropped, and the RamLines are semi-transparent so you can guage how many rounds you have left. The cost is reasonable, about a buck for each round of capacity.

Here's mine with a 30 rd. Thermold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts