Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Mini to death but the stock is not what I want. So what I am asking the masses is...What stocks could I change to beside Tapco,ATI and so on? how much trouble would it be if possible at all to put a stock from a totally different rifle on it?

I know this is a multi-part question sorry and thanks for any advice

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I put a Tundra Thumbhole on my Mini-30. It is a bit heavy I think, but it feels great and the rifle shoots very well with it.
Here it is.

A much lighter version for the 10-22, I like this one much better and it too shoots well.

I am about to put a grey thumbhole on my ne 77/44 bolt-action carbine. I'll add the photo Monday after I get it and the scope installed.
FT RUGER 77 MKII LONG ACTION FACTORY BARREL CHANNEL PEPPER LAMINATE (FINISHED)

I really like the thumbhole stocks, even more than the pistol-gripped tac-stocks.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Just a few days ago, I replaced the factory wood stock on my Mini-14 with a conventional [no thumbholes, pistol-grips, telescoping, or folding involved here] synthetic stock made by Choate. I got it from Midway, and I really like it a lot. Plus, with my Mini being stainless, this black stock looks fantastic. Check 'em out at Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear — MidwayUSA and see what you think.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Beautiful guns, mayor al!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts