Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen pictures in this forum of the Mini-14 "Patrol Rifle" and found them on the Ruger website under LE/Military. Today I was poking around that area and found this Tactical rifle:

Very nice looking gun! Does anyone know anything about it? Is the front scout rail Amega or Ultimak or something new from Ruger? Really like the stainless with the tactical set-up, but wonder if it really comes with the pictured skinny barrel is...

Here's the link to the Ruger address: Ruger® Mini-14® Tactical Rifle Autoloading Rifle Models

I wonder if these models are/will be available for normal citizens? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Sr40ken - didn't realize that Ruger sold the Amega rail.

Still wondering if Ruger sells the tactical Mini in stainless steal to the public.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
If it has the lighter barrel it seems to be backing up to me. Surely they will offer the new heavy barrel in SS.jmho

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have one. Trust me, it doesn't have the skinny barrel, and yes, the rail is an Amega Ranges, and is so marked. I didn't much care for the railed handguard, and replaced it with a standard choate ventilated handguard. Here is the pic before I replaced it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was at wally world this afternoon and saw they had a ruger mini 14 for $651. Not sure of the model number, but it was nice looking..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I noticed a mini at Wally World couple of days ago. $667 for base ranch, wood stock, blued, with 5 round. Almost jumped on it but I went to my LGS to price ordering. Wound up ordering Mini-14 Tactical with ATI folder. My price was $675 delivered and I couldn't pass it up. Hoping to get some quality range time in next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts