Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a person who would like to trade their mini-14 tactical for a new paratrooper ak47 I have. The question is that I have had five mini-14's and one mini-30 over the years, (it has been 10 years since the last one) and none were very accurate, (4-5" groups at 100yds) or had malfunction problems.

Now I have been told by others that the newer tactical has corrected the issues of the past, and yes I want another one, but I don't want to encounter the same problems again. So tell me guys, are the newer ones good to go? Thanks

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
The newer ones are definitely good to go. Good accuracy and tons of fun. I also like AKs, so I'd hate to see that go... ;)

·
Banned
513 Posts
I have a person who would like to trade their mini-14 tactical for a new paratrooper ak47 I have. The question is that I have had five mini-14's and one mini-30 over the years, (it has been 10 years since the last one) and none were very accurate, (4-5" groups at 100yds) or had malfunction problems.

Now I have been told by others that the newer tactical has corrected the issues of the past, and yes I want another one, but I don't want to encounter the same problems again. So tell me guys, are the newer ones good to go? Thanks
Did any of your Mini 14's have the thin barrel on them? If so, then yes, they have a higher tolerance than the older thin barrel mini 14's, and there line was retooled for fabricating a Mini 14. But as far as the malfunction problem goes, my mini is 20 years old and has never seen a hick-up, except for the occasional stuck steel case in the chamber. I always hear the complaint about a malfunctioning Mini 14, but I am glad I have never been a witness to one.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the 583 Tactical and people are blown away at how accurate it is . Its my 3rd Mini and by far the most accurate. I agree with Neon , would hate to see the AK go. But I enjoy the Mini more than The AK or the AR. Its a tough choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, as for the ak I have another one so that's not a problem. And the ak's with the green mountain barrels do have pretty good accuracy. I guess as you can tell from having six mini's over the years I do love them, I haven't seen the one for trade yet and really don't know if it's a 580 or up so that will probably decide it for me. Thanks

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I have a 581 Tactical and it's nearly as accurate as my AR. And tons of fun. But then I'm a big time Garand action fan.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got a Tactical recently and I really like it although I admittedly haven't shot it. What I mean is that I like how light and compact it is, it swings and points really nice and naturally. The featires are great like the threaded barrel for instance, but more importantly everybody bragging on the improvement to the platform including the barrel and the accuracy. I am really excited to shoot it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts