Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a new one. My friend is a major Ruger wholesaler/retailer, and in his store today, he had a Mini 14 Target Rifle. Stainless steel, no sights (looks like the Ranch Rifle), composite thumbhole stock, bull barrel, and here's the kicker -- a finely threaded muzzle with a huge, fat flash suppressor attached to the end; so big, in fact, it looked like a sound suppressor. [:0] Probably make a pretty good prairie dog assault rifle (oops, did I say that?), but quite frankly, I didn't care for the look. Just not my cup of tea. Anybody else seen one of these? Thoughts?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Big Bad Wolf...Yes, I've seen them and had one in my hands. I personally do not like the grey laminated stock with the huge thumbhole. I do like the idea of a Target Mini printing a 1" group at 100 yards. There will be another Target Mini made with the Hogue black overmoulded stock, similar, if not the same as the synthetic Ranch Rifle.

I would also like to see the Mini XGI .308 in a Ranch Rifle. Years ago Ruger had problems trying to make it to their liking and untimately did not produce it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well the stock is different looking but it is probably very functional. The big thing on the end of the barrel is a harmonic barrel tuner. To tell you the truth I like it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I think it'd be a great alternative for those who want a more traditionally styled detachable mag semi-auto. The color of the stock makes little difference to me.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Ruger now makes one with a Hogue black rubber stock that looks more like a regular stock than the laminated one. Now that is one I might consider.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
that would be nice new mini and a hogue stock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts