Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy gave me a bunch of old Guns Magazines, among others, and this caught my eye real quick! I have never seen a Mini 14 with a Manlicher stock! From the article, it was a custom job by Bain and Davis.

·
Righteous Dude
21,487 Posts
Different. I like it. Any idea if the gas block was modified or how they built the stock around it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had that magazine......I was disappointed that Ruger did not offer it. I have the RSI in 308...a 10/22 mannlicher...and not being a fan of the mini(lack of accuracy) I would have bought one just for the styling..

·
Registered
690 Posts
...and not being a fan of the mini (lack of accuracy) I would have bought one just for the styling.
You sir, are way, way behind the times. Since the 58X Series with thicker barrels and different ejection systems were introduced in 2004, (yep, 16 years ago) the Mini-14 is sub 2 MOA out of the box and easily and cheaply tweaked to produce MOA or near MOA accuracy with decent ammo (about the cost of a decent AR trigger they need to be accurate too).

My 583 Series with iron sights produces 1 MOA accuracy at 200yds with my handloads which is plenty accurate enough to shoot bowling pins at 200yds; the same as I do with my lightweight RRA AR carbine also with irons. If you can't hit the pins, it ain't the rifle's fault. ;)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Mini 14? no thanks...I'd rather have the real deal, an M1A.
"real deal", really? I guess on that pretense you need to get a Garand. And screw the M1 Carbine guys while yer at it! LOLOLOL And actually the Mini14 came out a year before the M1A.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You sir, are way, way behind the times. Since the 58X Series with thicker barrels and different ejection systems were introduced in 2004, (yep, 16 years ago) the Mini-14 is sub 2 MOA out of the box and easily and cheaply tweaked to produce MOA or near MOA accuracy with decent ammo (about the cost of a decent AR trigger they need to be accurate too).

My 583 Series with iron sights produces 1 MOA accuracy at 200yds with my handloads which is plenty accurate enough to shoot bowling pins at 200yds; the same as I do with my lightweight RRA AR carbine also with irons. If you can't hit the pins, it ain't the rifle's fault. ;)
I do not contest the fact that 58x series improved the Mini....but prior to the 58x series...it was a crap shoot...to find a mini that would hit the same target in a group smaller than a hand print(on a good day)….and we all know that...

When that Mini article was printed....the Ruger Mini 14 had already established its lack of accuracy...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I do not contest the fact that 58x series improved the Mini....but prior to the 58x series...it was a crap shoot...to find a mini that would hit the same target in a group smaller than a hand print(on a good day)….and we all know that...

When that Mini article was printed....the Ruger Mini 14 had already established its lack of accuracy...
Out of curiosity, how many Mini 14s have you shot?

·
Registered
65 Posts
"real deal", really? I guess on that pretense you need to get a Garand. And screw the M1 Carbine guys while yer at it! LOLOLOL And actually the Mini14 came out a year before the M1A.
The Garand is the predecessor to the M-14. I prefer the M1A, which as you know, is the civilian version of the M-14. I prefer the box magazine to the clips of the Garand and the powerful 308 round to the 30 carbine round and the anemic 22 round of the Mini. I was issued the M-14 in the Army and know it well. I had a mini-14 in the '80s. No thanks...I'll leave that to the SWAT wannabees.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The Garand is the predecessor to the M-14. I prefer the M1A, which as you know, is the civilian version of the M-14. I prefer the box magazine to the clips of the Garand and the powerful 308 round to the 30 carbine round and the anemic 22 round of the Mini. I was issued the M-14 in the Army and know it well. I had a mini-14 in the '80s. No thanks...I'll leave that to the SWAT wannabees.
What a jerk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts