Ruger Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I'll stick with my ol' 181. One of the very first, brand new fresh tooled straight out of a brand spanking new factory. All I had to do was dial in the right reloads. :D

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
So spec 5 (wow ain't you up at the top) you calling people "Wannabees" isn't name calling? What you a lefty? Your hypocrisy is rampant.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
What's wrong "sarg" (Woohoo) can't take what ya give.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The gun looks way cool I would have bought one to go with my other three. As far as accuracy goes I have not seen any used rifles for sale at a price that reflects poor accuracy
if I could find one for sale that someone sells cheep because they do not get good accuracy I would buy it and do my own upgrades.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My buddy gave me a bunch of old Guns Magazines, among others, and this caught my eye real quick! I have never seen a Mini 14 with a Manlicher stock! From the article, it was a custom job by Bain and Davis.
I bet that stock would solve the harmonics issue the older series have.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Bain and Davis did good work back in the day. They had a 44 mag necked down ot 357 years before Reeder custom did it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I do not contest the fact that 58x series improved the Mini....but prior to the 58x series...it was a crap shoot...to find a mini that would hit the same target in a group smaller than a hand print(on a good day)….and we all know that...

When that Mini article was printed....the Ruger Mini 14 had already established its lack of accuracy...
But your original statement is in the present tense and like or not you actually said that all Minis are inaccurate. That statement is factually incorrect and when I pointed it out you try to justify your answer by delving into the past. By that same flawed logic then you would also have to stand by a statement that a 2020 Ford is a POS because the Model T ford of 100 years ago had a hand crank, no wipers, no a/c, no power steering or brakes.

Or, to use a firearms related analogy, that all Henry Arms are POS using ammo that is both super expensive and impossible to find because the 1st Henrys made in 1860 were chambered in an obsolete, impossible to find today caliber; .44 rimfire.

Time to get your head out of your .... and talk about the 21st century, not some idiotic position based upon a bygone era. The facts are the facts, get over your bias and step up to today. You'd be surprised to find out that flintlock muskets aren't the newest thing and we also use a thing called smokeless powder.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts