Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should my gas pipe feel slightly loose? I don't remember it having any "wiggle" to it before. Also, could someone tell me if I'm the only mini owner whose gas block bolts are staked? I hear frequently, to just take off the gas block....mine is not that easy...thanks for suggestions and comments.

·
Exalted One
1,808 Posts
You're not the lone ranger with staked gas block screws. Most are. My 1978-vintage Mini-14 has staked screws. There are some threads about how to get the screws out and some will likely chime in soon. Once you do, use blue loctite when you re-install. 9/64" allen bit.

The gas pipe should be a little loose, no worries there.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
"Wiggle" is normal. Nothing to worry about. My gas block bolts were not staked, but required a good deal of torque to remove.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Should my gas pipe feel slightly loose? I don't remember it having any "wiggle" to it before. Also, could someone tell me if I'm the only mini owner whose gas block bolts are staked? I hear frequently, to just take off the gas block....mine is not that easy...thanks for suggestions and comments.

A little wiggle of the gas pipe is normal- it's supposed to do that. I think the main reason is to provide a tolerance for the Op-rod so that they can both line up properly.

The gas block on my Mini-30 doesn't appear to be staked. I've not tried to loosen and re-torque the gas block screws because my Mini shoots well as is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts