Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys due to the loss of my brother last spring I now own a 762 X 39 Ruger Mini Thirty. Overall its in decent condition it is a early model Mini Thirty and I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend a magazine with larger capacity that has worked well in this gun? Or should I just leave well enough alone?
Thanks for your input on this.:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add I also received a Colt AR15 A2 Sporter II in 223 and I need to get a mag as none was shipped can anyone give me a brand or model that works well with this AR15??

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ruger makes large capacity magazines. some will recommend others--stick with ruger, bite the bullet on the higher cost, but they will work perfectly.

Get them now while you can

·
Registered
815 Posts
Forgot to add I also received a Colt AR15 A2 Sporter II in 223 and I need to get a mag as none was shipped can anyone give me a brand or model that works well with this AR15??
for the AR, Magpul P-Mags are the best. they are polymer, but work great. don't confuse this with a "pro-mag," which is not what you want. again, buy them now while you can

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have both a Mini 14 and 30, and I picked up some Pro mags for both rifles. They work OK in my 14, but in the Mini 30 (which mine is an early one) the magazines would not seat down into the well. I exchanged them for Ruger brand 20rd mags , and they work perfectly. IMO, I would stick to Ruger factory 20 rd mags for both the 30 and 14...

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 for ruger factory...you really can't go wrong with those

+1 for magpul pmags one of the most reliable mags on the market.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Your brother left you with a couple nice rifles. As others have mentioned the only mag that works properly in the Mini 30 is the factory mag, stay with those. Any other metal mag is just wasting money that you could've used for a factory mag.

But if you run into any Thermold mags snag a couple of those if they're reasonably priced. They are 30 rounders but if you press the tab on the back, the mag will automatically pop down and then it will hold 45 rounds. They work reliably but you'll need to keep an eye out for any rub marks on the feed lips, some do and some don't.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,203 Posts
+1 for ruger factory...you really can't go wrong with those

+1 for magpul pmags one of the most reliable mags on the market.
+2, and +2, factory ruger magazines, are the best I have used in the Mini, and magpul pmags or p level in the AR platform.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts