Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made you look. :eek:

Against the sound advice of some I have sold off a number of items in the Ruger collection (largely duplicates, abandoned project ideas, excess inventory if you will) and have picked up some most excellent S&W revolvers along the way. An awesome 629-4 with "a barrel as long as a piece of rope" and an exquisite 627-0 (that's right, dash zero. Look it up - I had to.) And most recently this little gem, "Miss September" with a test fire envelope dated September 9, 2015 and in my hot little hands 3 weeks later.

S&W 686+ with a 2.5" barrel. Close inspection reveals the barrel is in fact indexed straight. The front sight is not crooked. The internals are not filled with graphite, sawdust and ATF. The DA pull is smooth and the SA break is crisp and clean in typical S&W fashion. There are no burrs or chunks of metal rattling around inside and the finish is uniform and consistent. B/C gap is good, lockup good, all is good, good, good.

Rummaging around in my grip bin revealed a set of Jaruwan K frame round butt stocks I had bought a couple of years ago without a gun to put them on. Forgot I even had them - surprise! Now Miss September is rockin' the old school look - square butt stocks, red insert front sight, white outline adjustable rear, case color hammer and trigger.

Hey there's an extra hole in here.....

Just for kicks I took some pics of Miss September alongside the 2.6" Aleutian GP100. "Hey Miss September - nice pair!"

:D

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Wow. Feinstein must be reelin'. You traded in a premier, ban-friendly Ruger (a tank, if you know what I mean) for a Hi-Cap Saturday night special?!?! S&W is not worthy!! I hate to hear what your BUG is! I bet it's an Alaskan... :eek:

That looks sharp. I like the grip swap. You seem to know how to trade 'em. Rugers and Smiths are a good brand to revolve in. I really like it! :)

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's odd. I see two extra holes. :p
Somebody had to say it. :rolleyes:

Just teasin ya. I dig it. Dig that Aleutian too. :cool:
You mean the hole in the side? That's the selective fire switch in case I want to go full auto.....

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice Pair! The Aleutian really turns my crank!

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Now I miss my 686+ but I really am happy with the Colt SAA it went towards

Nice looking revolvers and yes mine was full auto too.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
That's a couple of real beauties you have there.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
As well as I like Ruger pistols, especially the single actions...........for a double action, nothing beats an S&W or a Colt, except maybe one of these

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Very nice snubbies. The 686 will be a dream to shoot and accurate.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Wave...once again...absolutely beautiful...even if right out of the box! S&W does make a beautiful revolver, that's for darn sure!

BTW...if you would ever decided to let go of the Aleutian, please let me know? I favor the GP100's and that one is beautiful!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.