Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I would contact Ruger. Tell them your story and what you're missing. Send the pics. I am sure they can help you if not send you the part free of charge.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Step 1: Call the guy you bought it from and see if he has the rear sight laying in a drawer.
Step 2: Call Ruger and get a replacement. I'm pretty sure somewhere they sell that as a unit.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
The Ranch model like yours used a P.O.S. folding rear sight. It is always folded down when you really need it, and micro adjustments with it are very hard to do. The only reason I would see someone wanting another folding sight is if you shoot only with a scope, and then only if your scope would interfere with a better sight, like the Tech rear sight. They are 100 times better than the folder, and even better than the rear peep that comes on the newer Mini's, as the adjustments are easier. Any carbine that might see some serious use, as in self defense or SHTF, should have some good irons for back up. All My older Mini's (2-189 series Mini-30's and a 195 series Mini-14)have the Tech, and the old style fat front blades are upgraded to the newer "winged" style front sight as well. The wings of the Tech sit up a bit high for a scope mounted over the action, but I prefer to mount my optics out on an Ultimak rail anyway. The Tech's have been currently out of stock because of a supplier issue, but they should be cranking them out again soon.
MINI 14/RANCH® Rifle - adjustable aperture sights
Here are Tech's mounted on my Ranch Mini's that replaced the P.O.S. folding sight:

Here is what the folding sight that came on your Ranch look like, I've since put a Tech sight on my Stainless M-30.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yep, I don't shoot a scope on my Mini and the Tech Sight Mini200 is on my 583 Series.

Note: You need to know the Series of your Mini to get the correct sight. Look at your s/n. It will start with a 18X-, 19X-, or 58X-. That is your Series number and you'll need it to get the correct rear sight no matter which one you finally decide upon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked with the seller to no avail, I will keep my eyes open for the restock of the Tech sights.
Thanks to all for the great info and keep it coming.

Chris
Ocala, Fl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts