Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very good article. Enjoyed reading it. If you want to get really in-depth the book “Encyclopedia of Ruger Semi-Automatic Rimfire Pistols” is amazing.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,627 Posts
Good article. The first shipment of pistols went out on Oct. 6, 1949 and the rest is as they say history. This a good read. The more you learn about Bill Ruger and Sturm Ruger as a company gives you a appreciation for them both. I am getting on in years and lately have been looking for books on Ruger Revolvers and their Semi Auto line.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,627 Posts
Very good article. Enjoyed reading it. If you want to get really in-depth the book “Encyclopedia of Ruger Semi-Automatic Rimfire Pistols” is amazing.
Thanks for the information! I looked it up. Is it the book by Chad Hiddleson "Encyclopedia of Ruger Semi-Automatic Rimfire Pistols, 1949-1992"? I have several book stores that can order it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rickclark28, you are correct. Great book. Also look for “Ruger & His Guns” by R.L Wilson. I have them both. Well worth it.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Thanks for the link , I wanted to read that article but I get the "Shooting Illustrated" magazine with my NRA membership.... I printed out the article for future reference .
My first 22 LR handgun was a MKI Target , started me off shooting NRA Bullseye Match at a local indoor range on Tuesday nights . Learned a lot with that MKI Target .

Gary

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All are Welcome...Happy I shared it! :thumbsup:

Ted

·
Registered
183 Posts
In case any did not notice it, the article was written by Don Findley, who happens to be the Historian for the Ruger Owners & Collectors Society (ROCS).

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In case any did not notice it, the article was written by Don Findley, who happens to be the Historian for the Ruger Owners & Collectors Society (ROCS).
PRA,

Thanks for pointing this out. Don certainly has had a long term affiliation and interest in the Strum-Ruger story!! :thumbsup:

Ted

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts