Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a MK2 10" stainless target brand new in 1986 from a local hardware store. I remember they had a catalog and I picked it out. I am wondering if there are many of these things out there, since I don't see all that much about them anywhere. I remember when I brought it home, my friends made fun of it until they saw how accurate it was. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any recalls, or anything on this since I have never contacted Ruger for anything as this is a rock solid firearm. Hopefully one day I will pass it along to my kids.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have one like that. Yes it is very accurate. No recalls I am aware of. I did upgrade the trigger and sear and added a scope to mine.

Go out and shoot it. Many seem to think the MKII’s are the best. While I have 2 MKIII’s because I didn’t want to have the MKII barrel threaded, I still prefer the MKII.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I always loved shooting mine, and when I go to the shooting range it sure has some WOW factor since most folks these days haven't seen one.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I also have one in Stainless, it has be very dependable and very accurate. My only regret is not buying the blue one sitting next to it on the same shelf.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,654 Posts
I had one of similar vintage. My young eyes and that amazing pistol meant that I only used my 10/22 on targets farther than 50yds. I shot 100rds per week at an indoor range I belonged to. I took various large caliber handguns in rotation, but always had the big MkII with me. After about a year the back of the bolt sheared off and bounced off my chest. Ruger sent a replacement along with a call tag for the broken part. I never had another problem. Several years later the gun was stolen from my home during a burglary. I still miss it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can honestly say I have never had any trouble with it except tearing it down the first time for cleaning.... I figured it out even before youtube! I wish I had purchased a blued one as well, but I bought the stainless because I figured no risk of rust... Amazingly when I bought it I paid $225.00 and had to scrape to get that, so no blued one too....

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have both, original iron sights on the blued 10" and a scope on the stainless. They are very accurate for IHMSA silhouette shooting at 25,50,75, and 100 yd. Both like the CCI AR TAC ammo.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought a MK2 10" stainless target brand new in 1986 from a local hardware store. I remember they had a catalog and I picked it out. I am wondering if there are many of these things out there, since I don't see all that much about them anywhere. I remember when I brought it home, my friends made fun of it until they saw how accurate it was. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any recalls, or anything on this since I have never contacted Ruger for anything as this is a rock solid firearm. Hopefully one day I will pass it along to my kids.
Kinda a 'one holer.' You get one hole every time you pull the trigger.

Thaat one hole will be just that, pretty much after several trigger pulls. As other shooters/posters have noted, many are amazed at the accuracy of these guns. Mine shoots me most all the time.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,157 Posts
My KMK-10 is very accurate. When I shoot from a benchrest at 50 yards or less, it will rival most rifles and beats some. I put a long eye relief 2~7x32 scope on mine … 2x for off hand shooting, 7x for benchrest. My MK II seems to like CCI standard velocity the best.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The new Ruger Mark IV 10 inch barrel will be released in the next month or so and this will really be a long awaited item.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts