Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the stainless MK III Hunter with a fluted 7" barrel. My son knew I was wanting a Ruger 22 pistol so he bought a MK II from a guy he works with for $60. It's stainless with a 6" standard barrel. I checked the serial # and it was made in 1988. It's not exactly what I was wanting but it being a gift from my son is nice and I'll keep it. I'm still drooling over the MK III Hunter and will get one before summer is over. What is the going price on the MK III?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not sure on the going price but you are right in that the MKIII hunters are sweet guns. But for $60 I would buy a MKII anyday.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've got a MKII in stainless with a six inch bbl and I paid a lot more than $60 for it and that was wholesale! You got yourself one whale of a deal. I have put an awful lot of ammo through mine without one single hitch. Even with the "junk" ammo. You'll be hard pressed to beat it with a MKIII..........Dick

·
Registered
89 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BamaBart

I have been looking at the stainless MK III Hunter with a fluted 7" barrel. My son knew I was wanting a Ruger 22 pistol so he bought a MK II from a guy he works with for $60. It's stainless with a 6" standard barrel. I checked the serial # and it was made in 1988. It's not exactly what I was wanting but it being a gift from my son is nice and I'll keep it. I'm still drooling over the MK III Hunter and will get one before summer is over. What is the going price on the MK III?
Give thanks that you have a son that is willing to buy you a ruger, then to find one for $60 and stainless, you got a deal, i would keep it too and him also, love the looks of the hunter also, maybe both you and your son can go half, and enjoy shooting together, and have the best of both worlds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts