Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a STUPID question but here goes. I bought a MK III 22/45 Target and I want to set it up for steel competition and wanted to get target grips and every thing says either for MKIII or 22/45 so I am confused since I have MKIII 22/45.SO all the after market parts say that so which do I go with?

·
Registered
187 Posts
No stupid questions, just stupid liberals!
Get the accessories that say 22/45 because the lower end is different from the traditional MKIII (even though both are called MKIII's).
Many parts are universal, but things such as grips and mags are not due to the different shape, and I think that some of the 22/45's don't even have replaceable grips because the frame is molded.
If you see pics of a traditional MKIII and a 22/45 side by side, you will see the frame difference.
Happy tinkering.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
njsfm15 has it. Anything connected to the lower end is 22/45, however, many internal parts are interchangeable from 22/45 to Mark III. The upper end(barrel and bolt, sights, mainspring housing) are exactly the same, 22/45 & Mark III. I know its confusing at first, but if you have any questions, all you need to do is ask. There are many of us here who have owned these pistols for many years, and have experience with working on them. I currently have 4, and have owned this style pistol for more than 25 years.

No one has said it yet... WELCOME !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts