Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can order a solid pin instead of the roll pin they use in the newer models of the MK III? I also, want to order a Volquartsen trigger target sear, and Exact edge extractor. Was hoping I could order all parts from the same place but, I'm not sure about the stop pin. If I knew the exact diameter and length, I might find a pin locally but expect it would have to be made out of high quality steel. Any advice is welcome. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
parts

Anyone know where I can order a solid pin instead of the roll pin they use in the newer models of the MK III? I also, want to order a Volquartsen trigger target sear, and Exact edge extractor. Was hoping I could order all parts from the same place but, I'm not sure about the stop pin. If I knew the exact diameter and length, I might find a pin locally but expect it would have to be made out of high quality steel. Any advice is welcome. Thanks! :)
I use Rimfiresports.com for Volquartsen parts and a host of other Mark II and III parts. And go to Ruger parts for the solid firing pin stop:)

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
A 1/8" (.125") dia piece of drill rod works great as a replacement, just cut it to length.

R,
Bullseye
Local hardware has 1/8" stainless steel rod. Used that to make a spare for my stainless Mark III, which came with the solid stop. I made sure both ends were rounded, like Ruger's part, so they could not scrape the inside of the receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts