Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be perfect practice so that I can really learn to use a red dot. This will give me the opportunity to get practice with a red dot on a handgun that is cheaper then when I shoot my M&P-40 CORE with the Trijicon RMR I have mounted on it.

Its a Weaver Micro Dot with a Tactical Solutions holster.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its a nice holster and at a cheap price. BTW, love your stainless Mk III.
Thank you - it's a 60th anniversary model, I took the anniversary grips off and replaced with the Hogues!

How do you like the Weaver so far? I've thought about trying one of them or the Burris FF on my Ruger.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Trijicon RMR on my S&W M&P Core and but I didn't want to have to dismount it and loose zero each time I wanted to use it on my Ruger. So, I figured I would try an inexpensive model and if it didn't work then I would chalk it up to "live and learn."

So far, the weaver seems to work quite well and it was only ~$90. I am happy with the purchanse.

The M&P Core with Trijicon Adjustable RMR and extended ported Storm Lake Barrel:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Bought the same holster years back for the same application.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Hunter with red dot, so accurate!

HEY
I was looking at the Ruger site and came across YOU, The Wednesday shooter at Bass Pro....
Thanks for the info and try of your MK 3, I am going to try one of those sights...
(How was lunch?)

·
Registered
888 Posts
HEY
I was looking at the Ruger site and came across YOU, The Wednesday shooter at Bass Pro....
Thanks for the info and try of your MK 3, I am going to try one of those sights...
(How was lunch?)
Excellant, should of join us, we shoot most Wednesday's and plan on being there this coming Wednesday.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks guys! Great photos. I've mounted scopes on my Mark iii's. Helps the old eyes. Mounted a Burris Fastfire 3 on a new Witness Elite Limited. Accuracy, WOW! Red dots blur for me, but it doesn't matter shooting at 1 inch bulls at 10 yards. Will try to post photos of gun and target tomorrow.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice gun guys
Here's a pic of my MKII

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here are the pics I promised. As usual, a day late and a dollar short.

Shooting a Witness Elite Limited 9mm with a bridge for optics, with a Burris Fast Fire 3.

The bottom and top targets were at 10 yards, fast fire. The middle target was at 25 yards, slow fire.

With iron sights the 10 yards groups would be a bit more open; the 25 yard target would be lucky it three rounds hit it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts