Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think it's the ammo as it happens with all the brands I've shot. I keep it clean and I don't think it's a limp wrist deal. I'm frustrated because I've found my wife and I both enjoy shooting .22's. Is this something you just have to put up with in a semi auto .22? If so I'll start shopping for a revolver.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,979 Posts
bigbob76, Extractor issues are the single biggest complaint about the MK Series 22 pistols. The problem is the shape of the extractor tip and the angle of the extractor slot (located by the chamber) don't agree with each other. It's very difficult to change the slot angle but it is very simple to change the extractor tip. You can either modify your factory extractor like in the graphic, or you can buy an "Exact Edge" extractor made by Volquartsen. The factory extractor sells for about $2 so if you screw one up, you're not out a lot. Once you get the extractor modified, your MK II will feed about everything. I use Federal bulk pack or CCI MiniMags in my MK III and get excellent accuracy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
As usual, Iowegan hit the nail on the head. I have done this mod on several MK II & III's. Hardest part is taking the extractor in and out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts