Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right way / place to post this, but this is like half the price I've seen these magazines most of the time. I just ordered 4, plus some for my 1911 - didn't notice that they throw in a free 2-gun bag.

Hope this actually is a good price and I didn't overpay for the first couple of spare magazines I got... :confused:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-mkii-10rd-22lr-magazine-24155.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was looking at those too. It says original equipment for the manufacture. I was a little hesitant since they did not show a picture of the base plate to verify if there was an emblem. From what I recall the Mark 2 mags will not fit in a Mark 3. I have a Mark 3 otherwise I would have grabbed some.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Since these are made in Italy, I believe they're aftermarket, not Ruger brand.
They are probably Mec-Gar, and Mec-Gar makes some of Ruger's factory magazines.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Magazines came in today - left to right = Mec-Gar, new Ruger, 80's (?) Ruger, CDNN (EDIT - I may have the two Ruger mags reversed in my mind...):
CDNN_Mk-II-01 by clair_davis, on Flickr
CDNN_Mk-II-02 by clair_davis, on Flickr
CDNN_Mk-II-03 by clair_davis, on Flickr
CDNN_Mk-II-04 by clair_davis, on Flickr

The spring is pretty stout, no doubt due to being fresh. The follower button is larger than other editions - except for the 80's unit. I say it's from the 80's, it's the only magazine that came with the pistol when I bought it, so I really have no idea about its origins.

Since Mec-Gar appears to be solidly Italian, or Italian-American at the very least, it seems pretty likely that they're sourced from the same place. They'll be the next ones I try when I make it back to the range - hopefully this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts