Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this MKII that i'm wondering if it can be brought back to life. The pistol itself appears to be in decent condition with the exception of some surface rust. I only have a handfull of random parts. Anyone know of a place where this thing can be sent off for a rebuild?
Here's a link to a photo.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

·
Registered
652 Posts
Looks like you have most if not all of the parts. I think I'd give it a whirl myself, with an exploded view and a parts list plus youtube. Right after that, I'd look for a competent gunsmith in your area to avoid shipping costs. Good luck and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Looks like you have most if not all of the parts. I think I'd give it a whirl myself, with an exploded view and a parts list plus youtube. Right after that, I'd look for a competent gunsmith in your area to avoid shipping costs. Good luck and welcome aboard!
Welcome from AZ...
I would take a look at a site called:

www.e-gunparts.com They would have a schematic for that model and parts for sale. Good luck, I think it is very salvageable as long as the barrel isn't bent.

·
Registered
947 Posts
From what I see pictured, a sear, bolt catch, and possibly a disconnector lever are missing. I say possibly on the disconnector because it may still be attached to the trigger shown in the frame. If it is not inside the frame, then another potential few parts would be the trigger return spring and plunger, which sit in the top of the trigger and are held captive by the disconnector lever bar. This is assuming the bolt is complete with all it's parts, including the firing pin stop pin.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
As to salvageable, certainly. What few parts that may be missing are easily obtainable and not very expensive. Marks are inherently pretty simple guns. Nothing you couldn't assemble, yourself, given a little determination and help from videos or diagrams.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Next time I should look at the picture when I'm not under the influence of cold medications. I should have also added the thumb safety lever, safety detent ball and spring, sear return spring in the missing parts on that Standard.

R,
Bullseye

1 - 8 of 8 Posts