Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and Thank-you for taking the time to read my post. My wife was using the firearm yesterday and said she was having some problems with the rounds getting “stuck” but she cleared them all before she showed me what was happening. I thought it might just be a dirty extractor so I disassembled the bolt and found the area between the extractor and where the round would sit looks like it has broken away. Has anyone else experienced this? And does it create a problem? I'd post a photo but can't figure out how to, but there are two in my photo area.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
947 Posts
Re-read your post, as long as the cartridge sits in the proper pocket of the bolt the chip-out between the extractor groove and breech face is no big deal. Check the spent brass for any signs of abnormal wear, or pressure on the cartridge rim. If none is present, you're good to go.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hello and Thank-you for taking the time to read my post. My wife was using the firearm yesterday and said she was having some problems with the rounds getting “stuck” but she cleared them all before she showed me what was happening. I thought it might just be a dirty extractor so I disassembled the bolt and found the area between the extractor and where the round would sit looks like it has broken away. Has anyone else experienced this? And does it create a problem? I'd post a photo but can't figure out how to, but there are two in my photo area.
Thanks,
Jeff
Welcome to the forum Jeff.
As far as your problem goes we all now pictures would help. But read what Bullseye says in his post. This man is a master at these MK's and many other guns. Look at the picture he posted under the thread VQ extactor wear mark this my help you.You can take what he says to the bank. Again welcome to the forum many great people here who go out of the way eg Bullseye to help others. It's a great place to hang out and learn.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts