Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, hi.

Second, I was wondering if the grip angle and feel of the new MKII is comparable to the larger 345 or 95. I normally don't buy a centerfire weapon unless it has a 22lr upper, due to ammo cost. So Since neither of the above jave 22lr uppers avaible, I was wondering if the MKIII would "fill in" for them as my 22lr trainer for IDPA and range time.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
my mkiii std model has a unique feel all its own to me. However the ruger 22/45 model should be closer to your needs for the 345 as many say the 22/45 sort of duplicates the 1911

·
Registered
68 Posts
First of all, hi.
Hi! <waving>

...I was wondering if the MKIII would "fill in" for them as my 22lr trainer for IDPA and range time.
I don't see why not, as far as basics practice to acquire target, fire repeat.

It will have a different trigger feel, though. The trigger may be a more difficult transition back and forth than the grips or grip angle...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, guess its no use to me them in the way I would want it to be.

Thanks for the info.

Jerry

·
Registered
97 Posts
Actually, the 22/45 was designed to feel "exactly" like the P345 in your hand, and was designed with the same frame material, along with the exact grip angle. This is all documented in the Ruger promo material for the 22/45

wolfman

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
not to down-play ruger, but one of the finest examples out there in my opinion of a center fire/rim fire gun as you describe is the CZ. A cz85 combat with a cz .22 Kadet is sweet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Actually, the 22/45 was designed to feel "exactly" like the P345 in your hand, and was designed with the same frame material, along with the exact grip angle. This is all documented in the Ruger promo material for the 22/45

wolfman
OK, that's new to me. I knew it was the same grip angle as the 1911.

In any case, I see the biggest difference being the trigger. I don't know if that will be a big problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not to down-play ruger, but one of the finest examples out there in my opinion of a center fire/rim fire gun as you describe is the CZ. A cz85 combat with a cz .22 Kadet is sweet.

I completely agree! But I don't have a CZ gunsmith available.

I'm using the P345 as my duty weapon and for PPC and IDPA. I was wanting something to ease the training costs. I still might look into one though.

Jerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts