Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New member here from Virginia Beach, VA.

I recently purchased a new MKIV Tactical and have a question regarding RDS mounts.

I’m currently running a Primary Arms Micro Dot but it’s bulky and sits too high for my liking. I wish to lower the dot to be more in line with the bore axis. Specifically, I am considering purchasing a RITON OPTICS X3 TACTIX MPRD MICRO RED DOT and mating it via a MaddMacs mount. MaddMacs has two offerings for the sight (a Center Base 2.0 and a Dovetail Base 2.0). Do any of you have experience, good or bad, with either type of mount?

I intend to remove the factory rail and sights, front and rear, cap the holes and utilize exclusively the RDS via the dovetail mount - as I prefer the look of the sight nearer the rear of the firearm. I am wondering whether or not the sight might incur any damage as a result of increased blowback (pistol will be used almost exclusively with a SiCo Spectre II suppressor).

Thank you in advance for any input given.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Mark IV Tactical. I put a Vortex Venom on mine and it works pretty well. I don't know about any different mounts I just used the Vortex mount from the box. The Venom is kind of a low and wide red dot. I like all the rails on mine. I think it gives it a tough look. The first thing I did when I got it was to ship it off to Volquartsen and had them do a trigger accurizing job on it. It now has a less than 2lb pull on it. I don't know about using the suppressor-mine is threaded for one but I can't afford it and I also don't want to wait a year for one. My buddy has a Hunter and he is using a suppressor and man is that thing quiet. All you hear is the click of the trigger. Enjoy yourself-when you get it done I hope you post a picture and if you don't mind the final price tag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have a Mark IV Tactical. I put a Vortex Venom on mine and it works pretty well. I don't know about any different mounts I just used the Vortex mount from the box. The Venom is kind of a low and wide red dot. I like all the rails on mine. I think it gives it a tough look. The first thing I did when I got it was to ship it off to Volquartsen and had them do a trigger accurizing job on it. It now has a less than 2lb pull on it. I don't know about using the suppressor-mine is threaded for one but I can't afford it and I also don't want to wait a year for one. My buddy has a Hunter and he is using a suppressor and man is that thing quiet. All you hear is the click of the trigger. Enjoy yourself-when you get it done I hope you post a picture and if you don't mind the final price tag.
Thank you for responding!

Here it is currently:

I love the TK Beehive grip, a huge improvement IMO. I am currently waiting on DVOR to ship me a Volquartsen Pistol Competition Kit and Extended Magazine Release and Base Pad Kit (5 bases). I can’t wait to lower the trigger pull from 6.5lb to 2.25lb. The grip was $35, competition kit was $129 and the release/base pad kit was $81. I purchased the pistol for $418. I got the can in 2016 for $254 and the older light/LASER combo was sitting in my safe (eBay $35).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hello all! New member here from Virginia Beach, VA.

I recently purchased a new MKIV Tactical and have a question regarding RDS mounts.

I’m currently running a Primary Arms Micro Dot but it’s bulky and sits too high for my liking. I wish to lower the dot to be more in line with the bore axis. Specifically, I am considering purchasing a RITON OPTICS X3 TACTIX MPRD MICRO RED DOT and mating it via a MaddMacs mount. MaddMacs has two offerings for the sight (a Center Base 2.0 and a Dovetail Base 2.0). Do any of you have experience, good or bad, with either type of mount?

I intend to remove the factory rail and sights, front and rear, cap the holes and utilize exclusively the RDS via the dovetail mount - as I prefer the look of the sight nearer the rear of the firearm. I am wondering whether or not the sight might incur any damage as a result of increased blowback (pistol will be used almost exclusively with a SiCo Spectre II suppressor).

Thank you in advance for any input given.
Nice looking gun. Welcome to the forum. I do not have any experience with the mount you want to use for your Riton Optic. I have a Bushnell TRS 25 mounted on the rail on my MK IV 22/45 and have a Bushnell TRS 25 mounted on a rear sight dovetail mount on a MK II. I like the TRS 25's they work well and have held zero after getting them zeroed in but they are big physically. I have a Vortex Venom mounted on a Canik and like the physical size of it compared to the TRS 25. Any red dot you put on your gun should stand up to the recoil without any problem. Virtually all red dots are designed to withstand the force of being mounted on the slide so the dot mounted on the frame of the MK IV has very little recoil vs mounted on the slide.

I put the Volksquartsen kit in my MK IV and a Tankemkross flat face trigger and with a couple tweaks have a 15oz trigger on mine. I went with the Hogue grips on mine they work ok for me. Here is a pix of the MK IV and the MK II.

IMG_0046.JPG _MG_8335.JPG

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for responding!

Here it is currently:

I love the TK Beehive grip, a huge improvement IMO. I am currently waiting on DVOR to ship me a Volquartsen Pistol Competition Kit and Extended Magazine Release and Base Pad Kit (5 bases). I can’t wait to lower the trigger pull from 6.5lb to 2.25lb. The grip was $35, competition kit was $129 and the release/base pad kit was $81. I purchased the pistol for $418. I got the can in 2016 for $254 and the older light/LASER combo was sitting in my safe (eBay $35).
Great looking gun. One thing that I added to mine that I thought was kind of lame but turned out to be great is an extension piece that you mount on the back of the charging slide. It really makes it much easier to load the chamber or clear the chamber when jammed. I got it from Tandencross and it was not too expensive. Like I said it is so easy on your hand having a smooth surface that is protruded and easy to get a hold on. You might want to take a look at that Vortex Venom red dot. I think it might be

1595710058473.png

maller than your current one. Great looking gun-looks like an assasins gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great looking gun. One thing that I added to mine that I thought was kind of lame but turned out to be great is an extension piece that you mount on the back of the charging slide. It really makes it much easier to load the chamber or clear the chamber when jammed. I got it from Tandencross and it was not too expensive. Like I said it is so easy on your hand having a smooth surface that is protruded and easy to get a hold on. You might want to take a look at that Vortex Venom red dot. I think it might be

View attachment 145423

maller than your current one. Great looking gun-looks like an assasins gun.
Ha! Gotta be quiet... it’s my favorite goose gun at the moment. Suckers come up out of the lake early in the morning and crap all over my backyard. I pop their chosen scout as they’re making their way up and they stay away for a week or two. Free goose dinner to boot!

·
Army CW3
1,074 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

·
Pony Soldier
8,483 Posts
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts