Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEll, i am the new guy on the forum, so Howdy!
Has anyone got the 10/22RR model?

I have not seen it as yet. Bass pro has it on sale here for 169.00
It has no forend band like the 10/22 i owned years ago, and a 20 " barrel, and fiber optic sights, which i am not sure i would care for.

Anyway, anyone here got this model? Advantages/disadvantages to this RR model over the others. Like/dislikes etc/

I sure would appreciate you help.

Thanks!

Pecos

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gee whiz boys....Has no one got this one yet, or familiar with it?
I would place a smilie here but i don't know how....

Thanks

Pecos

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Never mind....I went out and bought the Ruger 10/22RB.
Like the one i had years ago.

Kinda hard to get a reply, or a howdy on here! [:0]

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Howdy, welcome...takes awhile sometimes for someone to log on with the info you're looking for-drop by the New Members' section and introduce yourself...we're glad to have you and you'll get howdied to death up there!!! I'm not familiar with either model designation but if it's a Ruger 10-22 you can't go wrong!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I appreciate it. I have owned own before years ago, and sold it in a moment od dire need for $$$. It was the 1022 RB, which is the standard model from 1964. 18 1/2" barrel, forearm band, and cresent butt. But the 1022RR lokes more like a hunting riflestock, no forearm band, 20" barrel, and thinner stock, with flat butt, and fiber optic sights.

After "holding it myself," at Bass Pro, I decided I did not like it. There was way to much barrel movement in the stock. So I got another old faithful standart model RB.

I have been Shooting Rugers of all kinds for 3 decades, so their not new to me, but i sure needed to get that little 22 back in my hands after all these years.

Thaks for the welcome....

Pecos

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Glad to have ya, Pecos. I have never had the rifle model, but seen them at Wally-World. I think that one of the great things about the 10/22 to begin with is the short, handy carbine length barel, and I just don't think you would gain much from the rifle length barrel. I do like the stock with the regular butt pad instead of the cresent shaped plastic junk, but I like the plain-Jane 10/22 best!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gunman42782,
Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah I like the traditional look of the regular 1022 cabine, so that is why i went with that over the other. We are only talking 18 1/2" vs. 20". This is to no advantage what soever, it terms of real velocity gain, or even sight picture. After I scope it with a 3x9 busnell, (for these old eyes), it will kill all the rabbits and such i need it to. ;)

Later guys...

Pecos

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You got the best rifle/carbine/firestick ever made in .22, in my opinion...made with common sense...enjoy it and look out longears!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sheepdog,

I completely agree....
This particular model is simply the best deal in a semi auto 22 i think anyone can get. I scoped it today with a BSA 3X9, and it is ready to hunt ! ;)

Pecos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts