Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy oh boy, got to use one of these for a few months. The tolerances on this thing are incredible, just refined & polished throughout and all over. And extremely accurate at long ranges but get this, accurate with multiple brands and types of ammo right out of the box. Maybe its the tolerances and counter-bore, perhaps superb balance, mechanical works and in handling distribution etc.

Always enjoy my Rugers have used for many years and will always continue to do so but I need to start saving for at least one of these incredible revolvers, being a long time single action enthusiest.

It has the transfer bar for safety, but always carry my guns with an empty under the hammer anyway. This was a 7.5 inch target sight model, very comfortable to shoot off-hand and from a rest. A friend's teenager didn't want to quit shooting it, from the bench! Crisp, smooth trigger that feels much lighter than it actually is.

If I re-loaded, the brass should last a long time as it is the absolute minimum stretching have ever observed in a magnum case. The over all impression of gun was like a finely tuned rifle but in a revolver package.

This one had a fiber front sight and do recommend it. Cant wait to get my own.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts

Boy oh boy, got to use one of these for a few months. The tolerances on this thing are incredible, just refined & polished throughout and all over. And extremely accurate at long ranges but get this, accurate with multiple brands and types of ammo right out of the box. Maybe its the tolerances and counter-bore, perhaps superb balance, mechanical works and in handling distribution etc.

Always enjoy my Rugers have used for many years and will always continue to do so but I need to start saving for at least one of these incredible revolvers, being a long time single action enthusiest.

It has the transfer bar for safety, but always carry my guns with an empty under the hammer anyway. This was a 7.5 inch target sight model, very comfortable to shoot off-hand and from a rest. A friend's teenager didn't want to quit shooting it, from the bench! Crisp, smooth trigger that feels much lighter than it actually is.

If I re-loaded, the brass should last a long time as it is the absolute minimum stretching have ever observed in a magnum case. The over all impression of gun was like a finely tuned rifle but in a revolver package.

This one had a fiber front sight and do recommend it. Cant wait to get my own.
Love the 41 mag. To me it is the most accurate of 357 41 44 mag and heavy 45 colt. A 210 grain soft point at 1300 fps will kill any deer that walked and most bear.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have a couple. The smaller M97 is one my favorite single action platforms. Don’t have a .41, but my M97 in .44 special is accurate, versatile and handy.
Here are some targets shot with bullet weights from 180 to 325.

Two groups on right – 180gr Horn XTP. Was checking POI with different front sight heights.

Bottom left M97 .44 special, top right M83 .475 Linebaugh

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts