Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and thought I'd ask. I know the New Vaquero Montado's were introduced in 2005 as a Limited Edition. Does anyone know how many they made in 2005, 2006 and 2007? I think the ones I just got were from the 2007 run. And they are still calling it a Limitd Edition even in 2007 why???...:confused:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Huh, I thought they weren't made until 2007. Shows what I know. I really like them. I'm hoping that next year they'll be produced in .357. If they do I'll own one. Or two. :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm new here and thought I'd ask. I know the New Vaquero Montado's were introduced in 2005 as a Limited Edition. Does anyone know how many they made in 2005, 2006 and 2007? I think the ones I just got were from the 2007 run. And they are still calling it a Limitd Edition even in 2007 why???...:confused:
Huh, I thought they weren't made until 2007. Shows what I know. I really like them. I'm hoping that next year they'll be produced in .357. If they do I'll own one. Or two. :D
They were first sold to the public in 2007

Ruger Introduces The New Ruger Vaquero Montado Single Action Revolver

SOUTHPORT, CT - April 12, 2007 - Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), the nation's largest firearms manufacturer, is proud to introduce

"Since their introduction in late 2004, the Ruger New Vaquero single action revolvers have continued to dominate in all aspects of cowboy action shooting," said Sturm, Ruger CEO, Mike Fifer. "That commitment continues with the new Ruger Vaquero Montado, designed especially for cowboy mounted shooters."
http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/tow_release.php?ID=115392&session=

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I think some of the confusion is because the Montados do not say anything about Montado on the cylinder frame. What it says is Ruger New Vaquero. Which we all know came out in 2005.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I think some of the confusion is because the Montados do not say anything about Montado on the cylinder frame. What it says is Ruger New Vaquero. Which we all know came out in 2005.
That's weird that the name "Montado" isn't on it anywhere. So really it's nothing more than a short New Vaquero with a new style hammer. I like it, but would prefer it in .357.

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
Wouldn't that announcement have been better phrased "mounted cowboy shooters"?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts