Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Montana just passed HB 340 and I want you to pay close attention to Sections 2 thru 9 and pay close attention to 9 para (2). Employers may not bar employee's from keeping a firearm in their vehicle on company property.

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2007/billpdf/HB0340.pdf

There is news in the wind that the LEO groups do not like our new HB 340, but - Oh well, we have the right to Bear Arms and Stand Our Ground, where as before we had to retreat away from the threat.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Hope some other states take notice. We have a big shopping mall here that probably covers 40 acres. No firearms are allowed anywhere on the property. I sent the property owners an email and I don't cast any shadows on their property any more.:(

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I have found myself not going where guns are not allowed. If all CCW people did this, it would have to affect their Business and some will probably have second thoughts. I've noticed a lot of places here, that was off limits at first, have taken down the signs now and allow carry.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I think this is all part of the new CCW law growing pains. We went through it in Michigan and are still going through it to some extent.

We used to go around putting up notices to the effect "This is a Gun-Free Criminal Enhancement Zone" with a picture of a revolver with a red line through it.

It must have done some good, because I almost never see a no firearms sign anymore. Except in Ohio.....they are everywhere!

·
Registered
540 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JB

There is news in the wind that the LEO groups do not like our new HB 340, but - Oh well, we have the right to Bear Arms...
Many many governments and/or government agencies have not liked the idea of citizens having guns.

'We the people' showed the British army why about 230 years ago. 'We the people' also realized that unless we wanted to risk living under future oppression and tyranny, we'd better guarantee the peoples RKBA against any government taking it away, including our own.

It is not the government's place to 'like it or not', the right is ours. Anyone attempting to take these rights away is also attempting to take our freedom away, because they are taking away our means of defending it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You said it crystal clear, Tweek-but some folks can't see it till it causes them grief personally-then it's too late.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.