Ruger Forum banner

More Airborne Deer

778 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Mark204 
#1 · (Edited)
I went down to the property today, no shooting, had other things to do but I did pull cards and found some more fence-jumpers. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Nature Wildlife Nature reserve Natural environment Tree
Nature Wildlife Nature reserve Old-growth forest Natural environment
Wildlife Nature Nature reserve Biome Woodland
Wildlife Nature reserve Biome Natural landscape Woodland
Nature Forest Woodland Natural environment Tree
Nature Forest Natural environment Tree Natural landscape

Nature Wildlife Nature reserve Natural environment Tree
Tree Adaptation Photography Stock photography Wildlife
Wildlife Nature Nature reserve Deer Terrestrial animal
Nature Wildlife Nature reserve Woodland Natural environment

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Awesome, how much property?
Around 300. I hunt on my shooting range, last year I sat in my lawn chair for 6 1/2 hours before one came out. This shot was 200yds.

All those pics were taken 450yds ahead of my truck and to the right. I have a hang on 20yds from the cam.....I hammered a 12 pointer, (look left) out of that stand with my bow. It’s thick as crap but the traffics heavy.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Grass Snout Wildlife Canidae

Reactions: rmichael63
#7 ·
An airborne deer landed on my wife on her motorcycle at about 50 MPH. All she recalls is seeing a large dark mass out of the corner of her eye and then it hit her right about chest high. Pushed the bike down and across the road where it dug into the shoulder and launched. Luckily she came off the bike, she went one way, the deer another and the bike yet another. It went through a small stand of Aspen and landed in a big pile of rocks. The drop off was about 15 degrees so it dropped pretty rapidly. 50 yards back was a rock lined drainage, 50 yards forward a cliff. Not her time for sure. Muley hair all over her but I never found the deer. She had lots of soft tissue injuries but no broken bones. Bike was totaled.
I had been right in front of her and never saw it. I went around the next bend and realized she wasn't behind me, turned around and went all the way back to where I had seen her last and no sign of her! Then I saw a piece of plastic lying in the road and recognized it as the top section of her windshield, followed the odd scrape mark and saw her over the edge.
Dang airborne deer!

#9 ·
I've had really good luck with Bushnell and they take pretty good pics. I bought my first one in '09 and it finally shot craps last spring, it would probably still be working if the creek hadn't risen so much. The cam got flooded at some point, (the battery compartment had a water line in it) I brought it home, threw it in a bucket of rice for a week and it started working again, a month later it quite. Another one didn't survive it's encounter with the brush, definitely not Bushnell's fault and the others keep chugging out the pics. About two years ago I swapped out all the cards in the spring Turkey season and I didn't check them till late August when I tighten up all the straps on my stands................three cameras had over 13,000 pics to weed through. Here's a link to the model I use or it's replacement since I haven't bought a new one in quite some time. I've caught one day specials and purchased them for $75 in the past.

https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Tro...0181707&sprefix=bushnell+trail,aps,183&sr=8-3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.