Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bore you with more of the same, but I gave the new Speed Six a thorough cleaning after I shot it yesterday. It was clean when I got it, but I spend some time on it today. I used that yellow cloth that gets the deposits off of the front of the cylinder, can't remember what that's called but it does work. Anyway, then I thought I'd take it outside and try and get some good pics...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Great baby pictures EddieF! Sure makes me want one.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Nice touch with the nickel ammo.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Was it lead away cloth? I've been thinking of getting some for my Taurus M94. The deposits on there are not as bad as they used to be but have heard lead away cloth works really well.

And those are great :) Any and all pics of revolvers put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I no longer keep the cloth in its original wrapper (it's kind of greasy, you will want to keep it in a ziploc or something) but I do think it had 'lead' in the name, so maybe that's it. I do recall that it is not for blued guns, but maybe you can't even really see those deposits on blued guns as much anyway.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
WARNING------Please do not use on a blue gun. Some of these work too well and will remove the blueing right off of a gun!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Nice touch with the nickel ammo.
Thanks Deputy. That ammo does look good next to it, doesn't it! That's that Remington Saber ammo that shot pretty well out of it, so when I find a holster and start carrying this gun, that'll be part of the package!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
It looks better today than it did before, definitely a keeper. Glad for you.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Last night, these pics took 4-5 minutes to load...this morning, it was instant when I selected the topic...2 seconds or less-what made the difference, anybody?

Everything about the SS was thought out real well...strength and smooth lines...balance...hefty enough to be a pleasure to shoot...I don't think they improved anything with the GP-just changed...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Last night, these pics took 4-5 minutes to load...this morning, it was instant when I selected the topic...2 seconds or less-what made the difference, anybody?

Everything about the SS was thought out real well...strength and smooth lines...balance...hefty enough to be a pleasure to shoot...I don't think they improved anything with the GP-just changed...
I'm sorry for the large photo files, I'll size them down next time. Sheepdog, the difference is simply that you have already downloaded them and the page is in your cache. So subsequent viewings they'll pop right up. At least I think that's the reason...

·
Registered
373 Posts
man that just makes me want one even more, i have a blue 6in Security six, that i absolutely enjoy shooting. Now i want a stainless snubby to carry.

·
Registered
132 Posts
All that's left to do now is add the "Security Six Member" icon to your signature, since your gun is part of that series. [8D]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts