Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been busy shooting here in Switzerland, while the season is still nice. End of fall and winter is all about indoor shooting.

Saturday a few friends from our shooting club and I were invited to a shooting challenge organised by the shooting society of the Lausanne police corps (Lausanne being a city in Switzerland).

5 warm up shots (2&3) and then 4 X 5 shots in 5 minutes, 50, 40 and 30 seconds on the ISSF speed target at 25 meters for a total max of 200 points (warm up shots being used in case of a tie)

My weapon of choice in the ordnance division is my trusty Sig P210-1 in 7.65 mm parabellum (.30 Luger). Note the vintage ammo, still accurate.

2 warm up shots, great

3 warm up shots, still ok

Time to load up for the scoring shots

1st pass, ouch

2nd pass, better

3rd pass, agonisingly missing the 10

Last pass, finally a nice one

Total score of 181 (the secretary struggles with additions)

Yesterday I went to another nice shooting range for some rifle and pistol practice

300 meters open sights with a milsurp Sig 510-1 (StGw 90). EDIT 550-1, not 510-1

I am on lane 7, they closed one out of two lanes for social distancing / Covid

The contraption on the side is a brass deflector

A couple of 80/100

Then I fiddled with sight adjustment a bit

And finally turned in a decent score despite a 6 and a 7

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally some 25 meters pistol practice next door

CZ 75

I’ve been struggling a bit with this pistol so I asked the gunsmith to improve the trigger a bit, he deburred some parts and it improved it quite a bit.

Sig P220 (ex Lausanne police)

Colt Mk IV 9mm Luger

Milsurp Waffenfabrik Parabellum 06/29

Milsurp Sig P49 (210-2)

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,055 Posts
Thank you for another wonderful update, I truly look forward to them. The P210-1 competition pistol is a beautiful handgun, and that 1964 ammo is still working well indeed! I really like that rifle of yours. The 300m range with video monitor and electronic scoring is something I envy. I was glad to see that some other Sig, CZ, Colt, and Luger pistols got out for some exercise. You have a fabulous collection, and I appreciate you sharing it with us.

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,055 Posts
Be still my heart! The Combat is awesome with the compensator, but the finish of the Steel 1 is breathtaking.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took out the Stgw 57 (Sig 510) at 300 meters

As both the rifle and the shooter warmed up, scores increased gradually

I finished with 10 shots on the field target

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And some 25 m shooting with a few Sig P210

This is a 210-4 from the German border protection, made in the early 50ies (52 maybe) with Sig wooden sports grips

A Swiss milsurp 210-2 which I had hard chromed

And a first year delivery 210-1 from 1949

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looks like you are having a fantastic time at the range lately! Even though each group is not a LOT of rounds, that is still quite a bit of ammo. Do you have the same horrible shortages and ridiculously high prices that we have in the USA?

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,055 Posts
That is an impressive rifle! Once you were warmed up and dialed in your groups and scores improved nicely. Is that a heat shield above the barrel? Do you get a lot of mirage visible through the peep sight? I admire all of your Sig 210's , but that hard chromed pistol sure looks and shoots great!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like you are having a fantastic time at the range lately! Even though each group is not a LOT of rounds, that is still quite a bit of ammo. Do you have the same horrible shortages and ridiculously high prices that we have in the USA?
I’ll normally shoot between 150 to 250 rounds per outing.

We don’t. Whereas our best / cheapest prices are more expensive than in the US in normal times, we do not have fluctuations depending on where the wind blows politically.

If anything we keep getting cheaper deals. I just bought two cans (500 rds each) of .223 Horandy frontier for 380 Swiss francs ($ 410) and that’s the cheapest I’ve ever bought 1000 rds in this caliber

9 mm Geco (Ruag) is just above $ 200 / 1000 now

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is an impressive rifle! Once you were warmed up and dialed in your groups and scores improved nicely. Is that a heat shield above the barrel? Do you get a lot of mirage visible through the peep sight? I admire all of your Sig 210's , but that hard chromed pistol sure looks and shoots great!
It is indeed, I nicknamed it Godzilla, big, heavy, kinda ugly in some ways, but very powerful.

It’s a pig to carry too, and whilst I didn’t serve (being German) my Swiss friends of my generation have bad memories from lugging it around for 50 km walks with the combat package.

Yes it’s a heat shield, a rubber/nylon stretchable band. Most of the time I forget it at home, so I guess the mirage is not too disturbing.

My rifle shooting pace is also quite slow, it’s a small distant target at 300 meters with open sights so I take my time, and maybe the barrel doesn’t get too hot.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,339 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Love your collection.

I was in Switzerand for a week in 2001 and didn’t notice a single gun shop.

Reactions: OLIMKI

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took some 9 mm European service pistols to the range this morning. Weather was fantastic nice temperature and great light and sunshine.

1952 SIG P210-4

1952 FN GP35

1986 Beretta 92F

2008 Glock 17 gen 3

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,055 Posts
That beautiful Beretta did not surprise me. The Glock did surprise me with the tight groups. It looks like a great day to shoot. I never pulled a trigger. I did see ten deer from my stand this morning.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I love the style of the P210-4. Like the forward safety better than the current production SIG P210.

Reactions: OLIMKI
1 - 17 of 17 Posts