Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My morning conversation with my wife after the brown truck of happiness deposited two packages on the front porch.
mrs rmichael63 - please don't tell me you bought more bullets
rmichael63 - these are a different kind of bullet
mrs rmichael63 - it was a yes no question
rmichael63 - I said these were a different kind of bullet so by default the answer would be yes

She just rolls her eyes ...

By definition these are not bullets but are shotgun shells for shooting some clay pigeons in a few weeks ... hopefully ...

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,936 Posts
I love it.
Many of us have had similar "She just rolls her eyes ..." about ammo and gun purchases.
At my house this week the brown truck of happiness deposited x1 large box of goodies for me too. Just one day later I returned from the LGS with more boxes of fun. My Lisa did not say a word but I got the eye roll.
*I am glad you shared your morning conversation. Just reminds me how fortunate we are to have wives that love or at least support the shooting sports. There is nothing better than shooting with my wife and family.
*rmichael63-> I just received a update from my LGS. My new Ruger PC Carbine Model 19100 will be here next Tuesday.
Have a great day!
Rick

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love it.
Many of us have had similar "She just rolls her eyes ..." about ammo and gun purchases.
At my house this week the brown truck of happiness deposited x1 large box of goodies for me too. Just one day later I returned from the LGS with more boxes of fun. My Lisa did not say a word but I got the eye roll.
*I am glad you shared your morning conversation. Just reminds me how fortunate we are to have wives that love or at least support the shooting sports. There is nothing better than shooting with my wife and family.
*rmichael63-> I just received a update from my LGS. My new Ruger PC Carbine Model 19100 will be here next Tuesday.
Have a great day!
Rick
Rick ... awesome news, I was shooting my PC9 a few weeks back ...

·
Super Moderator
3,414 Posts
My wife doesn’t roll her eyes at me when my special packages arrive and I don’t roll my eyes at hers. I must say though, she gets much more use out of my packages than I do hers. How is that fair?

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
You mean Buster Brown??? They’re a bunch of incompetent imbeciles, they couldn’t find the right house if they were sitting in front. Consider yourself lucky.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just received a update from my LGS. My new Ruger PC Carbine Model 19100 will be here next Tuesday.
Have a great day!
Rick

I've only ordered a firearm (Ruger 10/22) once in my lifetime. The wait seems endless ... Days are like weeks, weeks like months.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My morning conversation with my wife after the brown truck of happiness deposited two packages on the front porch.
mrs rmichael63 - please don't tell me you bought more bullets
Response given to family members with increasing frequency:
"Don't ask questions with answers you don't want to hear."

·
"The Real Deal"
7,187 Posts
I always say i can't confirm or deny the contents of said package. Will take it to the shop to inspect the contents alone.

Other excuses......

Those are parts for a gun im working on for a friend.

Oh i ordered that six monrhs ago it finally came in.

Its a part for your gun.

They were on SALE! she believes in that word, i use her line on her. 😉

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In a few instances I say they are for (insert coworkers name) because his wife gets upset when he has stuff delivered to their house ...

·
Exchequer
4,640 Posts
I guess I'm somewhat fortunate in that my better half generally has a laissez-faire attitude when it comes to my purchasing habits. As long as we have enough in the bank to pay our bills, there's no blowback. Besides, I don't say a word when her new boots, pillow shams (what the hell are those anyway?), or a bottle of ridiculously expensive olive oil shows up.

Life is short and you can't take it with you. Might as well enjoy the ride as best you can.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
My darling bride has given many eye rolls over the years. She has learn that when I start the conversation out with "The older boys made me do it" there is a new gun or large amounts of ammo involved. It sounds like we all have married keepers.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You mean Buster Brown??? They’re a bunch of incompetent imbeciles, they couldn’t find the right house if they were sitting in front. Consider yourself lucky.....
LOL ... I don't control who my supplier uses ... so far no major or minor complications ...
I guess I'm somewhat fortunate in that my better half generally has a laissez-faire attitude when it comes to my purchasing habits. As long as we have enough in the bank to pay our bills, there's no blowback. Besides, I don't say a word when her new boots, pillow shams (what the hell are those anyway?), or a bottle of ridiculously expensive olive oil shows up.

Life is short and you can't take it with you. Might as well enjoy the ride as best you can.
Wait What ... you used pillow shams in a complete sentence, never in my wildest dreams would I hear a fellow Ruger lover utter those words knowingly, are you in trouble is someone holding you hostage and forcing you to use that language, if so blink twice ...

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Love this post because it did happen this morning. My lovely wife..Honey who were you on the phone with the other night at about 10:00 PM...Me ..Just talking to another gun guy.
Wife..In Montana? Me..yep...Wife.. you didn't buy another gun did you? Me..Honest didn't buy another gun. Wife..Ok just curious. Me..No problem babe.
I told her the truth didn't buy another gun. Was talking to Sack Peterson in Montana commissioning a set of stag grips for a 45 Colt ;) sorry it's not a Ruger.
Always pays to tell the truth I didn't buy another gun.:D

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love this post because it did happen this morning. My lovely wife..Honey who were you on the phone with the other night at about 10:00 PM...Me ..Just talking to another gun guy.
Wife..In Montana? Me..yep...Wife.. you didn't buy another gun did you? Me..Honest didn't buy another gun. Wife..Ok just curious. Me..No problem babe.
I told her the truth didn't buy another gun. Was talking to Sack Peterson in Montana commissioning a set of stag grips for a 45 Colt ;) sorry it's not a Ruger.
Always pays to tell the truth I didn't buy another gun.:D
Brilliant conversation ...

Reactions: Nam Vet
1 - 20 of 24 Posts