Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I went out this morning to enjoy some burnt powder therapy. We started with our Chargers, but stacked coolers and a cardboard box didn't make for a stable bench. We each fired twenty rounds at a Battleship target from 25yds. The 1/2" diameter dots were tough to hit. I won with eight hits, but neither of us could brag. We shot my .357 Blackhawk some, then shot my buddy's Glock 29 10mm. We tied in a .380 shoot off between his LCP and my Taurus TCP. We ran 100 rounds through a 10/22 for pure enjoyment before packing up and heading home for lunch and cold beverages. An altogether pleasant morning here in Georgia.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dern, nga. 22s and handguns today, busting clays two days ago, I'm envious! Congrats on that therapy. We could all use a bit, I'm sure.
I am on vacation. We cancelled our reservations for St Augustine Beach and are doing a "staycation" instead. My best friend came here to stay for a few days. We have been having fun. Yesterday we went to Helen, Ga to eat and visit the German bakery. Afterwards we toured the gun shops around Cleveland, Ga. I even found the small rifle primers that I needed. I'm enjoying myself and I didn't have to spend the gas money or condo rental fee for a beach trip. Win , :giggle: win!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice times above. I been wanting to zero in 2 rifles. Did a scope swap. But weather is delaying it. Yesterday would have been good, But i was tired.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice times above. I been wanting to zero in 2 rifles. Did a scope swap. But weather is delaying it. Yesterday would have been good, But i was tired.
That's how it usually works. When the weather is right you have to work or the wife has made plans. When you're free and ready the wind is gusting 20mph, it's raining, or it's 100 degrees outside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts