Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,983 Posts
I got a good close look at one of these a while back and except for the adjustable stock, it actually looked good up close. Replace that adjustable stock with a plain black polymer stock and IMO it would look a lot nicer.

· Registered
5,337 Posts
Awesome!

· Registered
5,328 Posts
I don't think any firearm desgned for tactical/survival use can be accused of being "pretty". Lever rifles can make a great s/d-prepper rifle for those that don't want to get an auto loader. A .30-30 has near the same ballistics as the "it will save the planet" 7.62X39, so what's not to like?

· Registered
6,926 Posts
U-g-g-g-a-a-l-l-y...........:D

· Registered
12,850 Posts
this is the 3rd or 4th thread I've seen on this gun, I still like it's versatility but want to hold one before I plunk down the $$.

· Registered
1,199 Posts
I haven't looked into this, but I wonder if the rifle would be allowed here in the peoples paradise of NY. I know Ar-style rifles cannot have telescoping stocks, but maybe, because there is no "pistol" grip on this, it could be OK. Myself, I like wooden stocks on lever guns.

· Registered
350 Posts
Well damn. If .30-30 lever guns are "Zombie rifles", then half of Pennsylvania already owns a "Zombie rifle". I suppose all we need to do now is pass around a can of black spray paint & make 'em "tactical". ;)

· Registered
2,543 Posts
Its one of those guns that when you see it you say to yourself, "now I've seen everything".
With that being said there was a used one here where I live and the guy was only asking $300 obo and I couldn't bring myself to even make an offer. With as many guns that I buy and sell that should say something in itself.

· Registered
5,337 Posts
Oliver Winchester: Now officially "Rolling in his grave"!

WWBRS?? "What would Bill Ruger Say"?

· Registered
144 Posts
I agree, a lever action rifle should not look like this....... I took my first buck with a lever action 3030 Marlin 336C... that's what a lever action should look like... this is an abomination. But to each his own......

A lever gun in polymer just seems not right.

Sort of like an El Camino, it's not a truck, it's not a car.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.