Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can you give me your opinion on the most concealable grips for the SP101. I carried my new-to-me SP Sunday to church in my boot and the factory grip was just a little too long. I really like the Badger Boot grip, but some are saying they have had bad luck with Badger in the recent past. I'm concerned that rubber will "stick" too much...is this a fallacy? All of my carry gun sport wood grips. Whats your opinion? Kevin.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I've bought a lot of Badger boot grips - at least three for SP101s and two for GP100s (and all in the last few years) and have had zero issues with any of them. Love 'em. Jim Badger is a good guy - call him up and ask him anything. Nobody's perfect but the happy Badger owners here are many. The one negative comment posted recently is the first I can recall reading. I'm sure you can find folks unhappy with Hogue, Pachmayr, Altamont, Eagle, etc. if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger that.......

What about the issue of them fitting the older models like mine from the mid 90's?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Roger that.......

What about the issue of them fitting the older models like mine from the mid 90's?
I put a Badger Boot grip on a 1995 SP101 and it fit great on mine. I vaguely remember a thread about someone having trouble with the locator pin but either they corrected the issue themselves with a little Dremel work or Badger swapped out the grip for another set, I don't recall exactly. The Badger boot is my favorite grip on the SP101 and I have one on a GP100 and one on my 44 Mag Alaskan. All good. Why not call up Jim Badger and discuss your concerns with him directly? Would probably be better than getting anecdotes (good or bad) from strangers. He's a small business owner in the Greenville, SC area and very approachable.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Pachmyer conceal well but the rubber tends to grab your clothing, Badger boot grips conceal well but you will feel the recoil more, just my .02

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much fellas for the input. I appreciate it. They have to be concealable as thats the primary reason for me buying the SP. The second consideration would be not snagging on clothing which seems to me that would exclude anything rubber. It looks like its either Badger or Eagle Secrete Service. Man this hobby is expensive!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts