·
"The Real Deal"
7,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: FCCM and Mark204

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was in a GS (not local) where the only .22 lr they had was Browning, 1000 rnds for $130. It was not match grade ammo. I did not buy any.

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,452 Posts
The gold standard of price gouging can be found at "Cheater Then Dert". Their website offers a deal on a 20 round bag of mixed brand/ headstamp 5.56x45 green tip ammo for only $39.89! They say some cases may be damaged, other calibers may be mixed in, but it is not returnable for any reason. Seems steep for what they sweep up off the warehouse floor!

·
"The Real Deal"
7,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
"The Real Deal"
7,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhh..... 500 hydrashocks for $1499. That stings

Reactions: jeepnut711

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
The gold standard of price gouging can be found at "Cheater Then Dert". Their website offers a deal on a 20 round bag of mixed brand/ headstamp 5.56x45 green tip ammo for only $39.89! They say some cases may be damaged, other calibers may be mixed in, but it is not returnable for any reason. Seems steep for what they sweep up off the warehouse floor!
Their 2013 pricing of $79.99 for a 100-round box of CCI MiniMag .22LR sets the standard.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Scheels locally was selling PMC Green Tip 5.56 for $10.99 for a box of 20, not a terrible price at all. Go to a gun store a mile down the road they had the exact same ammo for $26 for a box of 20. Not the cheaper than dirt price gouging but still up there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I see .30-30 at the most ridiculous prices more than any other ammo. $60 per box of 20 on GB and AL. I think this reflects that your typical levergun owner/shooter/Hunter is the least likely to be hoarding ammo. Just a theory.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just checked their site and they are asking $1.79 to $1.99 per round for 380 FMJ .I unsubscribe to their email.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
3,001 Posts
Their 2013 pricing of $79.99 for a 100-round box of CCI MiniMag .22LR sets the standard.
Yes I remember that $80.00+ per box of MiniMags. Up until 2020 they have the trophy for gouging and I never forgot what they did in 2013. This year is not over and history is repeating itself.

Reactions: Terry G and Tacky

·
Registered
125 Posts
I see .30-30 at the most ridiculous prices more than any other ammo. $60 per box of 20 on GB and AL. I think this reflects that your typical levergun owner/shooter/Hunter is the least likely to be hoarding ammo. Just a theory.
It seems that each year during deer season 30-30 starts getting hard to find. I guess that's a good indication that quite a few hunters still hunt with it. Not bad for a cartridge that has been around for a 125 years.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
"The Real Deal"
7,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4 days left in the auction. Someone might just click that buy it now button.
Not this one.... i could normally could buy (3) 8 pounders for that.

·
Registered
644 Posts
And I thought paying 7.99 a box 100 for Primers was bad At my local gun store . I didn't buy any nor was I even thinking about it but Do you all think this is going to be the New Normal.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts