Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you ride street bikes and on Friday I came upon an accident where a lady pulled out into the path of a man on a Harley.He wasnt going fast I was told just had no time to react,he died.So I just want to say be extra careful out there,so many people are in a hurry to go nowhere and talking on cell phones. It's sobering to see a fatal accident scene.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It's been my experience that it's seldom the cyclist's fault-it's the 4-wheeler....didn't see him...thought he'd stop....thought he was stopping...any excuse......the truth is often they just don't give the MC the respect it's due and treat it like a car...more MC riders I know...more I respect 'em...

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I just sold my bike this year. I would never have got rid of it, but I got to where my hands would fall asleep within 10 minutes of getting on it. And, yes, I can not count the number of times idiots have pulled out in front of me and almost killed me!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep, cagers will look for all kind of excuses. Truth be told, they just arn't paying attention, or they just don't care!
Sorry you had to give up your ride, Tim! That was a nice lookin' Kawasaki Vulcan Classic!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sold my bike years ago. Will never ride it again ever. Way too many got killed by those beasts. :(

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I have had a few in my time, my favorite was my 99 Honda Magna, completely customized. It was an attention getter. I was in a bad automobile accident once, a girl not paying attention took a left in front of me and we hit head on. Broke my patella and fractured my fifth metacarpal in several places. Wife and I were both taken out of there by ambulance. If I was on my bike the bimbo would of killed me. We I was recovered I sold both of my bikes. While I love to ride, there is too many stupid people out there. It just grits my nerves to be driving down the road and seeing people reading a newspaper or doing makeup while driving.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I agree, a amn up the road from my old army buddy was killed. Young girl talking on the phone ran into him killing him. Nothing was done to her, we were told her life is for ever changed. Yeah right, for a year every time I was over at a friend of mines house we heard the mans dog howl. The dog lasted about a year, it stopped eating and grief its self to death.
I have a real urgh to just beat some of these idoits to the point they can't stand up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's said to hear about.

I use to be a HARDCORE commuter. 30 miles each way rain or shine over the most congested bridge in the US. It’s legal to lane share (i.e. go in between cars) within reason here in CA, and I learned a WHOLE DIFFERENT set of survival skills (i.e. watch the drivers’ heads, they often look where that are intending to turn, and an empty space in an open lane is often being eyed by a car driver as well so don’t dart for the center or far side of the lane only move into the closest and then slowly move where I want to be in the lane, stay in there mirror and look in their eyes). Most importantly, keep open a line of retreat. If I feel boxed in then I floor it to a place that is more open.

Since I’ve moved out of the area and am only 6 miles from work there’s no incentive to use the motorcycle. I don’t know how I did it.

I guess I still need that danger and frequent public ranges where morons rent guns, then ask for my help loading or unjamming it and hand me a gun not pointed down range with the safety off :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yeah, Rich447. Acceleration is always the best way to get off, but... If in the next quarter-of-second you find yourself suddenly crossed by a heavy duty truck, and see no way out, you're flat as a pancake. Within last ten years I've been driving around a hundred every day, and lost my count after 13th "equator". Saw plenty of wrecks, and almost no survivors out of unfortunate motorcycle drivers. Needless to say, in the past I've lost a few buddies of mine, and my close friend had killed another one accidentally. So, I said to the wife on the one of our earlier days: "Don't worry, I'll find another way to steam-off my adrenaline". May be that's why I'm still hanging around here. :)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
In my younger days the bike was a lot of fun. Riding in the wind with no helmet. I was invincible. Then a few near misses and a change of duty station and sold the last of several bikes. To tell you how long ago that was, it was a Honda 450. & I had a 300 Dream before that. Now that was a smooth running bike!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts