Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've had the AR556 for about 6 months now. It's been a good rifle and given me zero problems thus far. I currently have a vortex spitfire 1x on it, using 1/3 Lower co-witness. However, I acquired another rifle and I'm leaning towards putting the vortex on that rifle.

To my question, I'd like to put a scope on the AR556 as a replacement. Would doing this require that I remove the front sight and replace it with a low profile gas block? I'd really rather not to do that if possible. And if leave the sight on, am I going to need to mount the scope so high that I will not be able to get a cheek weld on the stock?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mounted this 1.25x4 Leupold a couple of days ago. 30mm Leupold AR mount. The mount is set at height for an AR to give a normal cheek weld. At 1.25 power you will pick up the front sight in the lower third of the scope picture. Doesn't interfere with the crosshairs. At 4 power you don't notice the front sight at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, thanks Bepe!

That's exactly the kind of scope I'm looking at too. 1-4 or so. I can handle some of the front sight being visible if it doesn't interfere with the reticle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts