Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or should I say Sponge Bob? Us old retired guys grow weary of counting the money you workin stiffs send us every month. Sooooo, we need projects to keep us outta the wife's hair. The grey plastic stock on my 10/22 turned out pretty good so figured I'd try again on my Crossman F4. It started life black + I painted it green. Was tryin to make it look like my green/black factory stock for my RAR .17 which was really kewl. Well, it turned out too dark + when I applied the matte clearcoat became even darker. Didn't have the contrast I was lookin for + never liked it so I did this!

Next project, my wife's Savage 64 which I painted blue. Gonna put camo butterflies on it. Figure I'll cut em outta a sponge with an exacto knife + make a couple/few different sizes. Should look like plain old camo till yah look close.

Building Motor vehicle Shelf Trigger Shelving

Shelf Motor vehicle Building Gas Shelving

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
We working stiffs will keep the money coming. What I need from you is to borrow some of that time you got on your hands there so I can get some of my own projects done!

seriously, looks good.

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We working stiffs will keep the money coming. What I need from you is to borrow some of that time you got on your hands there so I can get some of my own projects done!

seriously, looks good.
LOL, yah know it's funny how our priorities change thru life. When I was young all I wanted was money. Now I've got it + ain't got the time to spend it. Vicious circle, by design!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Those stocks look great. If I'd tried to do that myself, it probably would have looked like a modern impressionist artist had gotten high and gone to work on it.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those stocks look great. If I'd tried to do that myself, it probably would have looked like a modern impressionist artist had gotten high and gone to work on it.
Trust me, it's super simple or I'd never have the skillz/patience to do it myself. Just finished cuttin the butterflies out of a sponge for the wife's Savage. I'll get er done after lunch!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Wife's butterfly camo Savage 64. She loves it......me, not so much!

View attachment 158754
First off your camo job on your rifle looks good. Second is your wife's rifle looks good also, may not be the color scheme some of us may have chosen but the quality of the job looks good. Third is now you can make a camo choice for a rifle you don't own. " Honey , how do you think this design would look on a... . " Might be able to get a new rifle you been thinking about.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,457 Posts
@jarhead127

Hey bud how bout i send you a few to do for me, since you need things to do?

:unsure: :unsure: 😉

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nice! Been thinkin about doin the same to the black stock on my CVA Wolf. I retired at the end of July, & havn't got caught up enough to do it yet. I'm kinda like Hank Williams Jr said in a song, "I ain't got no money, but I damn sure got it made", LOL.

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
@jarhead127 ... your work speaks for itself ... your humor is top notch as well ... your dry sarcastic retorts are like fresh cut grass, problematic for some and enjoyed by most ...

·
Administrator
22,668 Posts
OK so give a tutorial on the process. What kind of paint? Is there a seal coat?

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
OK so give a tutorial on the process. What kind of paint? Is there a seal coat?
You won't get an answer ... he said he's gone ... and that's unfortunate, he's one of the good guys here

1 - 20 of 25 Posts