Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys any arizona shooters around here? iam movin to tucson the 26th of this month thought id ask if anyone had a good place to shoot, buy toys , eat out???? anything i may need, ill be livin off pantano rd, canyon creek apts start the new job the 5th of nov. girlfriend comin along shes workin the vail office thanks !![8D]

·
Registered
191 Posts
There are a number of us here and I'm sure there are some around your neck of the woods. I'm up in Prescott so I can't help you with the local stuff, but you'll find most shooters in the Tucson or Phoenix areas just go out into the desert to shoot. There is plenty of that where you are. I'm sure someone local will chime in or you can go to the other Ruger Forum at Rugerforum.com. There are plenty from the Tucson area over there. Welcome to Arizona. Hope you like it as much as I do.

·
Registered
320 Posts
WHAT !!! ? You ain't takin us ??
Vale ?Just don't blink.It's that small.G/F's nephew lives there.
(Been sending resumes to AZ,NV, and MT)
You have a good one in AZ !! Have several pards:near Show Low, and Wickenburg, and not too far from Eloy.
When we returned to Modesto,I told my G/F after getting off Hwy 99,Mitchell Rd,that I was going to have to get used to Modesto all over again.
There's lots of mines,buried loot, and ghost towns.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks colt , yeah vail isnt much we wentthere to see her new work place , but it must be growin fast , ill be workin downtown tucson, off of 4th street

·
Banned
723 Posts
I used to live in Tucson, spent some time there thanks to Uncle Sam. No, I'm not Air Force, read my Profile.
Vail is the "eastside" of Tucson now. You are real close to I-10, so commuting to downtown shouldn't be a problem. Shooting in the desert is OK, if you know where you are shooting. Lots of places I used to shoot at are now "State Trust Land" run by Game and Fish, and target shooting is verbotten on that land. :(
There are two indoor shooting ranges there, eastside and westside. You will be near the eastside range. Mt Lemon is fun if you like playing in the mountains. There's a lot to see and do there, enjoy and have fun.

Biker

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks biker , i know ill have a lotto figure out , look like an amish boy first trip to town i suppose hahaha

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Always loved that area. Hope one day to move to Az or NM. May never happen but that's my wish. I ran the desert whils living in SoCal and it got in my blood. Lots of ghost towns, mines and neat places to explore. Coffee Pot's territory is some of the prettiest in that state. I am envious of your move and wish you the best. As you find new adventures, make us a part of them.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys made it out to tucson from ohio ,finally got internet hooked up all good !!!!

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I hate Atlanta, wish I could get out of here!

Congrats on the move and the new job!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Shaner

There is a good outdoor range on Valencia east of the Pima Air Museum and Boneyard. Will be on your left heading toward the mtns. Not real easy to spot unless you are looking for it. Look for large concrete pipe sections.

Welcome to AZ
Chance

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chance i seen that place looks like an old concrete plant? whats the story there ,is it a pay to play place?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Think it is a pay range but not sure. I live up in PHX but my best friend used to live down in that area and shot there but I don't have any details.

·
Registered
320 Posts
quote:Originally posted by shaner

hey guys made it out to tucson from ohio ,finally got internet hooked up all good !!!!
Great !!
For some sight-seeing,about roughly 20 miles east on I-10,Benson.
Hankerin for Tombstone ? Follow the signs.Nice 17 mile drive (there about).And spend some time there.
Yep, those guns are real.There's a guy by the name "Johnny Bones"a
street entertainer.Can't find his website.Has one.Nice guy.
Good food;Nellie Cashman's Restaurant,Long Branch,The Silver Dollar...
AND !!! Good people ! Spangenburg's Gun Shop on,think, 4th Street.
Brunckow's Cabin (look this one up !)BootHill Cemetary as you come into town,on the left.Big Nose Kate's Saloon...many stores.
A lot of history there.
Let's say a visit will keep ya commin back for more !
G/F (future wife) wants to go back,and see Bobby the singer at the Silver Dollar.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks 45 i cant believe all the fun things to do here , i love the old history an the feeling of being were it happened a whole different experience then lookin at a film or book with pics , ill be doin anything i can to enjoy this new land for me!![8D]

·
Registered
320 Posts
quote:Originally posted by shaner

thanks 45 i cant believe all the fun things to do here , i love the old history an the feeling of being were it happened a whole different experience then lookin at a film or book with pics , ill be doin anything i can to enjoy this new land for me!![8D]
You betcha !
Lot's of fine people there !:D
Looks like now,in for the duration.
Don't look like anything is going to happen any time soon.
Guess, I can thank the ARM's (Adjustable Rate Mortgages)for this
"trickle down effect".
Soon,looks like I'll "fire" EDD (unemployment).Been over 2 weeks since my claim was sent in.4 checks hasn't shown up.Had this as a backup:
G/F isn't in the best of health,I can do the "In Home Service".She would be my boss.(Ain't she always ?)Get paid by the county.
When I do,I'll lose my financial aid for relocation.Oh well.
If those bureaucrats would have their checks held up for some reason,they'd sure wouldn't like that.
Enjoy Arizona.You do have some elbow room.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts