Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear. In reality these are the Thouroughbreds of my collection and the Rugers are the workhorses. Maxx Load

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

Very nice, I'll take the one in the middle
Mama Bear is a 686, it has the nicest action of any revolver I have handled, single or double action wise. A real joy to handle and shoot. Oh yea, the cost on that one was exactly half what I paid for either of the other two in the pic. Maxx Load [8D]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW, I would buy a new camera and get better pics but whenever I have a little money burning holes in my pockets a sixgun gets in the way [8D], so fuzzy pictures it is I guess. Maxx Load

·
Registered
89 Posts
very nice set, what caliber are they? and you may have to write a new book on what keeps goldilock's away, or get her a mark that might be just right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quote:Originally posted by usa1_chevy

very nice set, what caliber are they? and you may have to write a new book on what keeps goldilock's away, or get her a mark that might be just right.
Papa is sporting .44magnum hardware, Mama and Baby Bears are more dainty with the smaller .357/.38 special gear. All are superb shooters, but my Rugers are seldom jealous as they are the real workhorses around here. Maxx Load [8D]
Oh yea, Goldilocks visits quite often and she is always welcome as we have become very good friends and shootin' buddies. Yaya, she has her own Mark, but his last name is Ruger and he is the II. ;)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That's a fine looking bunch you got there for sure. I just got a new .44 mag by another outfit and I love it. They hard to beat when in the right gun. Good luck with yours.

Best,Baldy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
quote:Originally posted by Ron Honner

Maxx Load...Nice photos...I still don't like the "Clinton" lock as the lower left S&W has. What model # S&W is that?
Ron that is the lates addition and a new piece. S&W calls it a
60-18. It comes with a really nice looking wood grip but It bangs my knuckles on the trigger guard when I use it with any ammo other than wadcutters. It's a 5 shooter and I am careful to shoot 97% light .38 special. It's my truck gun when bouncing arouond the city. Maxx Load ;)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
nice, I need to take some pictures.

·
Banned
700 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Maxx Load

BTW, I would buy a new camera and get better pics but whenever I have a little money burning holes in my pockets a sixgun gets in the way [8D], so fuzzy pictures it is I guess. Maxx Load
That sounds totally reasonable to me. Nice stuff!

SD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Song Dawg, one of these days I'll show some of the Rugers. I don't have a lot of 'em but I have always prefered quality over quantity. Maxx Load

1 - 20 of 21 Posts