Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MicroSoft recently released version 7.0 of IE. I really like it. The top section takes less space plus it has "tabs" so you can run multiple web sites at the same time. I highly recommend it for those with Windows XP. It's great for forums. You can have your picture host and a couple forums running at the same time. It's a free download from http://www.microsoft.com

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I guess we've had it added-I know the old familiar topstuff has turned into a new mystery-can an oldguy get WRITTEN instructions for doing all these things? I can learn anything if I can read it and walk through it step-by-step-but fumbling around the keys and mousing and clicking are difficult for me...is there such a thing as an owners' manual for Explorer----Hotmail----?????

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's some help but lots harder than a book with an index to search in-I'll keep plugging along-I guess by print time they'd have a new version out already------I can't even order parts without being told "go to our website"....One bright star is that Reader's Digest has printed a new version of their "How to repair anything" manual from the 60's-remember it was blue and longer than tall-everything from repairing a broken window to a washing machine-the new one is much updated-you might like to check it out.....I literally learned appliance repair from that book-it's made/saved me thousands....I really need to get a class and learn the basics and become more computer literate-it's not the coming thing-it's here--and I'm way back there.....Won't be long before we can sit down and say what we want-it'll ask us options and won't have to mouse and click-like some phone answerers talk with us...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Are you serious? Yes, and my right wrist talks to me after awhile because I broke it about 3 years back and it didn't heal right-you mean you aren't? Is something better available?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think I could do lots more with DSL than this dialup-I still get a red x in a box often-or I'll get 4 pics and the rest x's-I think DSL will take a lot of the struggle and waiting out of it...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
One thing I just learned on this 7, is how to make the letters larger-I can read lots better with them big-no glasses necessary-maybe other members don't know how to do that, either-maybe I'm the last in line to learn that, too.... thanks for the links and this old dog's gonna learn some new tricks....Isn't that Max barking? Time to change his DVD again........

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
DVD? He has live video feeds of the security system, and a Dish Network with Digital Video Recorder, in case we need it in a court case...:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My chance to be a movie star???? Not worried about Max but that new .357 does give a fella pause....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Don't pay any attention to what he tells you-I wasn't there, didn't do it, and I'm not that kind of puppy!!!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Ah I hope your right... he showed me a tag that appear'd to be longs to ya.

You missin sometin?

He did say sometin about trash cans....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I buy tags like Mike Hammmer bought barrels, firing pins, and extractors....I'll say no more...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts