Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wonder if we could make a bee sized single six? He could shoot 4 at the same time with 6 legs and target multiple targets with compound eyes. I know there are better options like semis, but the picture of bees cocking 4 single sixes would just put fear into any hornet. Just have to make sure they are trained properly.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Gary, Wikipedia says this about their native lands. "It is native to temperate and tropical East Asia, South Asia, Mainland Southeast Asia, and parts of the Russian Far East." Murder hornet is a nickname, but their informal name is actually Asian giant hornet, with the Latin species name Vespa mandarinia.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The Murder Hornets would be a most excellent name for a band...
... with Trent Reznor, Courtney Love and some members of Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Where did the Murder Hornets come from ... I don't recall hearing of them in the US .
Gary
Along with the WuFlu, they are another gift from China to the rest of the world. Wouldn't be surprised if they were spread in shipping containers and pallets like the Asian Longhorn Beetle - Asian long-horned beetle - Wikipedia

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Along with the WuFlu, they are another gift from China to the rest of the world. Wouldn't be surprised if they were spread in shipping containers and pallets like the Asian Longhorn Beetle - Asian long-horned beetle - Wikipedia
So again, that's not accurate ... about the hornet. They occur all over Asia, from India, China and eastern Russia to SE Asia (Thailand, Cambodia, etc). They could have come here from any of those places. Check this Wikipedia article for details.

Don't get me wrong, I no fan of China. But I think we need to be accurate in our understanding of this.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Better get out the shotguns with # 9 shot. They look big enough to use as targets.
Save your ammo. Get a little exercise and get out the old Tennis Racket. Works for those pesky bumble bees in the Summer.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Save your ammo. Get a little exercise and get out the old Tennis Racket. Works for those pesky bumble bees in the Summer.
:ROFLMAO:

I'm a LOT better at racketball than tennis, so I'll go with a racketball racket. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
CNN referred to them as Asian giant hornets. I imagine CA Rep. Ted Loo complaining... “Calling those murder hornets the “Asian giant hornets” is an example of the myopia that allowed it to spread in the US. This wasp is not constrained by country or continent.” 🤣

So...is it a wasp or hornet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
As if Covid wasn't enough for 2020, now we have "murder hornets" in the US, an invasive species so far located only in Washington state, that are 1.5" - 2" long and can wipe out a honey bee hive in almost no time -- hence, "murder". As a person trained heavily in biology and ecology (both undergrad and grad degrees), this is not merely novel, but very dangerous (since they threaten the bees and can kill humans, even those not allergic). If you live in Washington state, or anywhere in the Pacific NW, please pay attention and report any sightings to the people listed in the article linked above.

Based on the photo of one, I think we need to call in Siguorney Weaver.
Im 60 but cant wait for the thousands of handswipe SPLAT sounds. Grew up slam banging copperheads as a child and entertained by the cats killin em. We'll deal with em and scientist will figure out timebomb to eradicate them "chicoms".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do not worry about this little problem. The people are on top of this issue. They will beat them.
Besides they will not bother you if you leave them alone. Call the county you live in.

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
21 - 40 of 74 Posts