Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a couple holsters for my ruger security 9, the owb is polymer and made for it and the iwb is for a glock 19 but the ruger fits snug like it was made for it. my only problem with both is the muzzle comes out about 1/4" or less on both holsters, i've looked online and have found some holsters let the gun barrel stick out but it does bother me some. i even went to a local shop and all the holsters made for my gun let the muzzle out very slightly. do any of you wear holsters that let the muzzle stick out slightly? i may just be making a mountain out of a mole hill, thanks for any help.

·
Cat Herder
1,625 Posts
Some holsters let the muzzle out a little. A lot of the kydex paddle holsters do. My Ruger Blackhawk holster is almost exactly flush with the muzzle, no issues there. At least the holster won’t hold debris that could scratch the handgun or end up inside the barrel.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Just about every holster I've got, will allow the muzzle to exit the holster anywhere from a 1/4" to two inches, if designed for on the hip carry, however for those that sit inside the pants or pocket, will generally encompass the entire barrel.

·
Registered
776 Posts
i just bought a couple holsters for my ruger security 9, the owb is polymer and made for it and the iwb is for a glock 19 but the ruger fits snug like it was made for it. my only problem with both is the muzzle comes out about 1/4" or less on both holsters, i've looked online and have found some holsters let the gun barrel stick out but it does bother me some. i even went to a local shop and all the holsters made for my gun let the muzzle out very slightly. do any of you wear holsters that let the muzzle stick out slightly? i may just be making a mountain out of a mole hill, thanks for any help.
Generally, I'm not at all good with an exposed muzzle.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i got another holster for a 4 inch barrel auto, my gun which is supposed to be 4 inch has the muzzle dead even with the end of the holster. i would like the muzzle up inside but it doesn't seem like any local shop of holsters will let it. this recent one is the only one that keeps the muzzle at least even with the holster.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't know specific makes and models having not researched any purchases for several years ..... but ..... not so long ago the Great White North made changes to their gun laws requiring new handguns to have barrels of OVER 4" and a number of guns that were long made with actual 4" barrels became uninvited there. Manufacturers adjusted the length of their production guns much more quietly than is normal for the industry so that they could keep selling there. So, what is referred to as a 4" barrel gun is often closer to 4 1/4". Could that be the size difference you are finding?

Bruce

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know specific makes and models having not researched any purchases for several years ..... but ..... not so long ago the Great White North made changes to their gun laws requiring new handguns to have barrels of OVER 4" and a number of guns that were long made with actual 4" barrels became uninvited there. Manufacturers adjusted the length of their production guns much more quietly than is normal for the industry so that they could keep selling there. So, what is referred to as a 4" barrel gun is often closer to 4 1/4". Could that be the size difference you are finding?

Bruce
that could be the problem, thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Iwb or owb I want the muzzle covered. I have sent back many holsters that in my opinion are made incorrectly. Protect the muzzle and the crown of your weapons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts