Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some testing and turned it into a ZK-22, with a custom Zombie Killer CNC bolt. Definitely a start and work in progress :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've always loved the look of a bull-pup. My only concern is the trigger linkage. How's the trigger? Any slop?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Very Cool!!

A couple of questions for you:

Do you have to remove it from the housing to get the bolt out to do a full cleaning??

Does it use the trigger group form the rifle, or one that's intergrated into the stock??

Will it take the std 10/22 mag's or does it require a BX-25??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all!

XK4- The trigger is great, I didn't really feel a lag or anything

Downlinx-I don't own a battledyne mag, but it should fit it since it fits standard 10round

ZommyGun-The barrel is kept from your 10/22 so whichever model you have is what stays in the assembly

SouthSideScuba Steve- Yeah, the entire inside of it is completely covered. It uses the trigger you have on your 10/22. And it takes standard 10 round, and all the way up to a 50 round

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks great!
How much accuracy do you lose?
I'm assuming there is some movement of the action in the stock, like the Muzzelite stocks, or some flex between the action and the sights on the carry handle.
If you believe there is no loss of accuracy, please shoot some groups to confirm that.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Thanks all!

XK4- The trigger is great, I didn't really feel a lag or anything

Downlinx-I don't own a battledyne mag, but it should fit it since it fits standard 10round

ZommyGun-The barrel is kept from your 10/22 so whichever model you have is what stays in the assembly

SouthSideScuba Steve- Yeah, the entire inside of it is completely covered. It uses the trigger you have on your 10/22. And it takes standard 10 round, and all the way up to a 50 round
I understand you can put any length barrel on it...but I would like to know specifically what length barrel that is in the picture and what the overall length but to muzzle of that one in the picture with that barrel is...please...thank you :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Aren't magazines more than 10 rounds verboten in California?
Thats what I thought. While you could posses pre ban mags and mag repair kits those BX25's were made well after the bans. Don't think I'd post pics of it..but thats just me. Of course if he is a ffl with a high capacity mag license then its moot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
ZommyGun the overall length is 25 inches and the barrel is 18.5

Thanks all for the feedback!
Golly! :eek:

I hope you measured wrong. BATF says a rifle has to be at least 26 inches long with at least a 16 inch barrel. You're OK on the barrel, but 25 inches is too short to be an unregulated rifle.

It is my understanding that any rifle shorter than 26 inches is considered a "short barreled rifle" and must be registered with the BATF and requires a special tax stamp.

The measurements are made with any collapsible or folding stocks extended; that's how folding stocked rifles are legal (except in certain People's Republics).

I hope you don't have something that will get you in trouble. :confused:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Golly! :eek:

I hope you measured wrong. BATF says a rifle has to be at least 26 inches long with at least a 16 inch barrel. You're OK on the barrel, but 25 inches is too short to be an unregulated rifle.

It is my understanding that any rifle shorter than 26 inches is considered a "short barreled rifle" and must be registered with the BATF and requires a special tax stamp.

The measurements are made with any collapsible or folding stocks extended; that's how folding stocked rifles are legal (except in certain People's Republics).

I hope you don't have something that will get you in trouble. :confused:
Thanks for the reply squirrelslayer...

I think you measured wrong...

I found the home page for the kit and it says it must have a minimum 18.5" barrel to be legal...that is why I wanted to know...I knew it would be close...I have a 16" barrel...

It looks GOOD...appears to be well made and well thought out design... :D

Here is the link... http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/in...&product_id=67&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

-------------------

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry I was using a regular 8x11 to calculate the length since that was all I had at the moment, found a measuring tape and it is 26 1/4 inches exactly

1 - 20 of 24 Posts