Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am addicted to working on and tweaking my .22 Rugers. I have tried to stop, and I enevitably end up starting another one.

I finished this one about a month ago:

I did this one about three months ago:

This one was my first try at building up a 10/22:

I am currently also building two more 10/22's, one more for me, and one for my son.

I also was once bitten by the MK bug, but I found out that the best cure was to instead pick up the 10/22 addiction that I have now. While delirious with the MK bug, I did these:

I do have other Rugers, and enjoy them very much too.

I don't have a picture of it by itself, but I also have a matte stainless Mini-30, and am currently looking at a Red-Label, and would love to have both a 77 in .270, and a #1 in .308.

I'll do up some build sheets if anyone wants them. I know that these .22 rifles and pistols are taking over my collection, but the tinkering for me is as fun as the shooting, and none of my other Rugers really give me much to do with them other than clean and shoot.

JJ

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,480 Posts
And the problem is?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I have the same problem with building ARs. Except I got to stop cause I can't afford it!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone,

Looking forward to adding to the collection some more as this year goeas by.

JJ

·
Banned
186 Posts
Yea, JJ those are "SWEET"!! I tried a 12 step program to cure my gun addiction but guns are my "Higher Power" so it didn't work out.LOL The only cure I've found is getting laid off from my job.LOL Poverty will cure you in a big hurry!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shoot, I'm just on step one of the Ruger Recovery plan. Of course, it is my second enrollement!

JJ

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't see a problem, you could use a few more 10/22's.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
JJ, you have Rugeritous, There is no cure and you are already taking the correct measures of treatment. Please, continue as you are and do not feel ashamed. Alot of people have this problem.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If the correct course of treatment is to just keep building them and shooting them, then I should have this thing in remission by now.....

Oh well. I'll just keep on going I guess. Up to 4 of the 10/22's now, with parts being stockpiled for #5, and the stock for #6 being built already. Oh well.

JJ

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I guess if you are gonna' have a problem, that's a good one to have. I really like what you did with the 10/22's. Outstanding job!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts