Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been taking PayPal, because many of the guys wanted to use it. Just as many did not</u> & many of the guys on the forums were upset that I did use it. The more I looked into eBay & PayPal's policies & anti gun issues, the more I think I shouldn't deal through them any more either.

I just don't think I should deal through a company that is so obviously "Anti-2nd. Ammendment", & anti-gun.

I realize this will probably hurt My sales quite a bit, & will be an inconvenience for some of You, but that is what I have decided.

I didn't used to take a personal check, but now I do, if that helps any, & will accept "any" money orders, or cash, if You are comfortable sending it, (some already do). I wish to apologize to those who pointed this out to Me, that it did not sink in quicker, & to those who will be inconvenienced by My decision. It's just something I had to do !

I Wish All You & Yours "A Very Happy & Prosperous New Year !!"

God Bless You All;
Jim

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have never used either one, but thanks for the infro. Don't beat yourself up. I don't beleive we are like that around here.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If that's what you have to do, then that's what you have to do. I've thought about not using eBay for the same reasons. The thing is it won't make a differance. They have millions of users and I buy a lot of stuff, and sell a lot of stuff on eBay. They wouldn't even notice that I was gone and it would make buying some things more difficult for me. I'd only be hurting myself in the long run.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
You have my vote! I avoid eBay like the plague.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
When I make purchases from the net, they can either agree to take my Postal Money Order or a personal check, but because of the anti gun attatude of those companies mentioned, I do not or will not use them.

41 Magunum don't be sorry for not using them any longer. We who support firearms and the ownership there of support you.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I am with you 100%. If we have any dealings it will be a MO or PMO. That's the way I pay. I dropped our e-bay garbage a long time ago. I never buy anything there, infact I never go there anymore at all. Good luck to you and I hope your sales triple.

Best, Baldy.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
You got my support. I used ebay a lot until the latest round of restriction on gun related merchandise. I'm sure they don't miss me, and after a slight withdrawal period, I don't miss them either. I also used them for car parts. Not having that access hurt the most. There are other payment services out there. I'm heard of but not used Bidpay. You gotta stand up for your convictions or they don't mean a thing.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Well Jim, I respect your principals and the quality of your work. I'm just glad my checks,(money-orders), didn't bounce... :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
It's too bad E-bay and Paypal have taken such a liberal, anti-gun attitude. I guess we know which side of the fence they sit on. You have my support.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I use Ebay occasionally because I can't find some items anywhere else, and on one occasion some time ago I told the seller of a scope I wouldn't use Pay Pal because of their anti-gun policies. He told me he was sorry I had issues; I told him it wasn't an issue; it was a principle.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys ;

It is a case for Me personally, where I must take a stand for our "Bill of Rights " & it is a very personal decision on My part. I realize that on a daily basis, I must deal with & thru Companies & Support Groups who do not necessarily portray My own feelings & beliefs. But, . . When it is a situation I can correct in My own dealings, I'd be a fool not to. I do not expect that everyone agree with My convictions, but ask that each man examine His own consience, & do what he is led to do. But at the same time it is comforting to know My feelings, & convictions are respected also. Each Man must at some point, weigh & make His own decisions, regardless of any outside influence. Personally, I cannot condemn anyone for their convictions, But I absolutely must be true to mine. The way I look at it, My business, or lack of it, may or may not affect any change in the policies of these types of corporations, but if I become one more voice, added to those who already stand up for their convictions, it cannot hurt our cause ! One small snowball that cannot be noticed, collecting snow as it rolls along , can eventually become a giant snowman, that everyone can see .

God Bless You All, & Have a Happy New Year !!!

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jim,

Thanks for the informative posting. Do you still make wood grip inserts for the SP101/GP100 .357 fixed sight model? I read a posting on another forum from someone who was very pleased with your quality. My wife purchased her SP101 last weekend, and I put the inserts from my GP100 on it. I contacted Ruger and they told me they no longer carry them. I've heard there is a size difference between the grips on the fixed sight versus adjustable sight models, with the inserts on the adjustable models a little larger. Anyway, I was just wondering if this was a service you were still providing. Thank you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts