Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, I've got an M&P15 that has developed the issue of having about 1 FTE each time I shoot; the gun ends up trying to feed a new cartridge in the chamber that still has an empty shell in it. Most recently, the ejector actually BROKE the lip on the back of the casing. This is when I realized I have a problem.

I realized that I have never thoroughly cleaned the chamber, because I dont have a brush that fits the chamber. Should this fix the problem? If so, what size brush works; 9mm? 40 s&w?

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Yup that will do it, or is a good starting point at eliminating issues. Even with brass cases you will get build up in the chamber. If you use steel case ammo it happens quicker.

Most shops carry 5.56/.223 chamber brushes. It will get the chamber and around the cartridge head seat. They are I think $10 or less.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,971 Posts
I may be little late, but I witnessed a similiar issue with a customers mp15, the issue was the gas block had become loose, this causes a misalignment of the gas block and gas port on the barrel. I am not saying this is definitive answer, but it could be. I took the set screws out, applied some purple loctite, and realigned the gas block and test fired it, works like a champ. Just a tiny misalignment can cause cycling issues.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
What brand of ammo are you using ?. I had some junk ammo a while back, the brass to soft or something, the base of the case would deform when fired, or the rim of the case would tear were the ejector grabbed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts