Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys take a look at what I got hahaha. Ok so he is not the biggest ever but he is my second deer I have ever shot and the biggest.

Little upset I did get to shoot him with my ruger scout rifle but the oppertunity presented its self so I took it anyways.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It looks like he has been fighting or something cause he is an 8 point but some of his point have been knocked off

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man I got him right at sunrise he was sorta struutin out of the trees and in front of my stand. I had to take him he was perfectly broadside and had a sign on him that said shoot here lol.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
I hope you didn't have to drag him to your truck. He's too big to throw over your shoulder.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it took me like 45 minutes to drag him a hundred yards and then I almost killed my self trying to get his big butt in the Jeep seriously !!!!

· Registered
2,096 Posts
Outstanding deer !! Great job getting him out.

Tomorrow is Opening day of gun season. Wife is ready to get her quota. Two 44 magnums ready to go.
First real use since the September Hog Hunt.
Hope we will have a story like our Oklahoma friend to share tomorrow night.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Outstanding deer !! Great job getting him out.

Tomorrow is Opening day of gun season. Wife is ready to get her quota. Two 44 magnums ready to go.
First real use since the September Hog Hunt.
Hope we will have a story like our Oklahoma friend to share tomorrow night.
yeah I love seeing what other people shoot with and what they get after a hard day in the woods. I went through all the pictures and it does not look like a whole lot of people hunt or anything.

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Very nice buck! Some days you just have to take the shot... happened to me yesterday, didn't really want to fill my last doe tag just yet but she kept walking towards me and... Some days you know it's foolish to not take the bird in the hand!

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats what I was thinking. I was like wel since asked BAM double lunged with a broad head haha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.