Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are all "as-received" from Century International Arms (and AIM Surplus for the CZ-82). I'm very happy right now. I got very lucky on the Mosin, the Tula's are more desirable than the Ishevsk. It's the first Tula I've ever had. :D

1943 No.4 Mk1* Long Branch Lee-Enfield

1937 Mosin Nagant 91/30 Tula

1989 CZ-82 (This one is from AIM Surplus)

Here's a picture of all 3 together:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Nice...............
getting good deals on ammo to shoot them?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by EddieF

Wow those are really great. What is that round object with the 'W H' on it?
That's an oiler, comes with the Mosin Nagant. I took a picture of it because it was the best looking one I've ever bought.

You can still get 7.62x54R and British .303 in mil-surplus. I've got a 300 round box of Bulgarian Light Ball for the Mosin that I bought for $30. I'm in the middle of restoring the Long Branch right now, when I've finished I'll worry about getting some ammo for it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Congrats! Very impressive collection. You're right - Tula's much better shooters than IzhMash, due to better initial quality.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Looks like you did good! That is a strange looking holster, pretty cool though! [8D]

·
Registered
366 Posts
David, what did it take for you to get your C&R License ? I have been ponering the idea of one for quite some time ! I just wanted to here from an actual person on the in and outs before trying to get one. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by HB-DLX

David, what did it take for you to get your C&R License ? I have been ponering the idea of one for quite some time ! I just wanted to here from an actual person on the in and outs before trying to get one. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
It's real easy, here's my quick guide:

Go here:
http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

Select F 7CR (5310.16) from the list on the lower right side.

Add it to your list and type in your information. They will mail you the form for free.

When you receive the form follow the directions and fill it out. The most difficult part is figuring out who your Chief Law Enforcement Officer is and getting the Police Dept. address for the form. Just mail it to them with your $30 fee and they'll send you a license in 2 months or so. Then you can order guns online.

There is also a guide here: http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp
It is a little outdated though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I refinished the Mosin 91/30. When I field stripped the gun most of the original Shellac fell off. I stripped off the old Shellac, making sure to save the markings, and put 3 coats of some new Shellac I got at Lowes. Here are the results:

The M44 in the last two pictures is all original, just to compare the coloring of the two finishes. The new Shellac is a little brighter than the original but it looks great.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Those look awesome ! The new coating maybe brighter do to the fact that it is new ? The 44 may be darker from dulling over the years ? Any way they look really nice. I know the new pics look a hundred times better than when you first got the rifle. Good job !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts