Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is the Holiday Season, I thought I'd share this story with you guys. In late 1993, I was 26, and preparing to take the biggest step of my life: Getting married. My bride-to-be, who was all of 18 [yep, I robbed the cradle], had a church wedding planned, but circumstances got in the way. So, we decided instead to get married at the Magistrate's office [aka "Justice Of The Peace"]. We thought that getting married on Christmas Eve would make an already special occasion even more special, and so that's what we did. After the ceremony, we were were both pretty hungry, and wanted to go out to eat; the honeymoon had to be postponed for a bit due to a situation at my job. Since it was Christmas Eve, every food joint in town was closed...except for Pizza Hut. So, that's where we went for our first supper together as man and wife...and it became a tradition for us. Ever since that day, every Christmas Eve since 1993, she and I stop in at that same Pizza Hut to eat supper. In fact, that's the only time we eat there, on Christmas Eve. Next year will be twenty years of wedded bliss for us, and I know I'll have to get her something special for that 20 year anniversary...maybe extra pepperoni?:D

· Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Order delivery and have a nice bottle of wine with the pizza? :)
Great idea....except we don't drink, and our tradition is to actually eat at that particular restaurant. Actually, what to get her for the anniversary next year is already decided; I was just being rhetorical [and silly] at the end of that OP.;) Thanks, though!

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Yep..... go for the extra pepperoni..... :D

· Registered
5,501 Posts
Great idea....except we don't drink, and our tradition is to actually eat at that particular restaurant. Actually, what to get her for the anniversary next year is already decided; I was just being rhetorical [and silly] at the end of that OP.;) Thanks, though!
Hire a violin player to come there and serenade you as you eat your 20th
Anniversary pizza... I'll bet that would be a first for that Pizza Hut.

· Registered
1,844 Posts
That was a nice story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Great story and tradition keep it going NCLEO89. May you have many more happy years together. I've got 47 andstill going strong. Now for a little something special. You could cut and paste a copy of your post and give it to your wife for starters. It shows how much you care, which is so important.

· Registered
539 Posts
Congrats on the 20 years! LOT of good ideas here , I personally like the serenade thing myself.and maybe have pizza hut write happy twenty on the pizza! in pepperonis

· Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hire a violin player to come there and serenade you as you eat your 20th
Anniversary pizza... I'll bet that would be a first for that Pizza Hut.
Very creative, Jax. Of course, this being the South, it'll probably be a banjo player...;)Thanks!

· Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations twenty years is a milestone too many people never reach. Maybe you should go big and pop for a salad and some of those cinnamon sticks.
Very much appreciated, Seabee....and salad & sticks sounds great!

· Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great story and tradition keep it going NCLEO89. May you have many more happy years together. I've got 47 andstill going strong. Now for a little something special. You could cut and paste a copy of your post and give it to your wife for starters. It shows how much you care, which is so important.
GM, thanks very much for that. Congratulations on your 47 years of happiness. As for the cut and paste, that, too, is a great idea. Thanks!

· Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats on the 20 years! LOT of good ideas here , I personally like the serenade thing myself.and maybe have pizza hut write happy twenty on the pizza! in pepperonis
Dag, Polaris! Now that is also a great suggestion. Who would have ever thought a bunch of us gun folks could be so romantic, eh? Thanks also for the nice sentiments.:)

· Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A banjo would be okay as long as he doesn't play the theme from "Deliverance"...:D
If I'm ever someplace where that particular tune suddenly starts playing....it's time to either run, or go for the .45!:eek:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.